Surefire M3LT & Malkoff MD3 Wildcat (Size comparison pictures)

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys!

A while ago, someone asked me to take some size comparison shots of my M3LT and MD3 Wildcat (when I had the M3LT that is). Having received the M3LT yesterday I thought I would take some shots!

I will say, that I love both of these lights a lot!

The Wildcat is one impressive flood monster, and the M3LT is one impressive throw monster!

Hope you all enjoy the pictures! :)

P7243618.jpg

P7243615.jpg

P7243616.jpg

P7243617.jpg

P7243619.jpg

P7243620.jpg

P7243621.jpg

P7243622.jpg

P7243624.jpg

P7243625.jpg

P7243626.jpg

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great pics DRB! I like how you happened to include the Haiku in the background just to add insult to injury. (I'd love to own both the M3LT and MD3)

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks mate! :thumbsup:

:laughing:
What can I say?
It does go everywhere with me, so it's only natural to have it in the background of my pics :nana:

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's fun monopolizing threads. Weird to see sunlight in your picture. OZ is so backwards. It's way past dark here. :D

I need to get a cool signature created too.

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do I need both? Maybe...
Do I want both? CERTAINLY (after financially recovering)

I guess they would make a nice addition to the "big guns" aka hand cannon collection :devil:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Excellent pics.

But when I got to try out turboBB's M3LT, I found the head far too heavy to use the light with the grip-ring hold. My old 9Z works well with that grip. But that one is rather straight and light weight.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
While waiting and anticipating the M3LT to hit the store here in Singapore, I took out my long unused M3T to play around with. Maybe I am too spoiled by all the smaller and more efficient LED lights around like the LX2 and AZ2, but I am finding the M3T too front heavy for comfortable cigar grip. Now the M3LT looks even more front heavy. I am starting to wonder would I still be interested in the M3LT... Maybe I would buy just because it is another Surefire.

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't personally find it too front heavy, and I tend to use an overhand grip anyway.

In comparison to say a Z3 or Z2, then yes it is front heavy.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't personally find it too front heavy, and I tend to use an overhand grip anyway.

In comparison to say a Z3 or Z2, then yes it is front heavy.
Nice to hear that. That big bezel and TIR optic sure looks intimidating and heavy. I will wait till the M3LT hit the store here and see what it is like.

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great pics, thanks! - but (you knew there was a but...two, actually) ;)

1. No side by side comparison is complete without a picture of the dealer's invoice showing the difference in price :cool: (I'm actually serious)

2. We are all waiting on the edges of our chairs for darkness and some comparison beamshots!!! :candle:

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great lights and photos! Great watch also! I just finished looking at the ORIS catalog.:D
I think a M3LT is on my list, but, I want to see one in person 1st.

Is their any doughnut hole at all?

Last edited:

pulstar

Enlightened
You *******! you don't have only one, but both of my most desired flashlights! I hate you!:nana:

Really nice combo there. I just wanna know, how much brighter is Wildcat? Is the difference barely noticeable while doing "ceiling bounce" test, or there's a bigger gap in terms of brightness?