Triple XPG and my first thread ;)

kellyglanzer

Enlightened
Here are some very poor quick shots of my latest lights.

4883864421_e1ab36513f_z.jpg

Moddoo's has a Sweet Fit and finish is perfect, sealed unit with a lens. fits In My 6P perfectly
I am running this with two 18500 but ran it on a single 18650 for these pictures.
V3 Triple XPG 1100 lumen Fully Regulated Drop-ins
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/280671

kerberos0023 has a very nice product the optics are not attached to the head and a lens is needed. This light fits the solarforce L2P perfectly and the L2P comes with a lens in the head.
These were run on a single 18650.
custom triple XP-G P60 module exclusive article for solarforce L2P
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/277951

kerberos0023 triple XP-G P60 warm R4 3 mode high
4883931697_f2a0c81b8c_z.jpg

kerberos0023 triple XP-G P60 cool white R5 3 mode high
4884533110_7abd5827dd_z.jpg

Moddoo triple XPG 1100 lumen Fully Regulated Drop-in cool white single mode
4883931031_4c287ffd73_z.jpg

I'm looking forward to the next generation that is coming from Moddoo and from Mac. From what I can see they are both utilizing the same boards from Russia and will be performing at 1400 lumens if run on two 18500.
Im pretty excited to see these and although this was already posted already here are the next gen in case somebofy missed it. :)
http://www.lux-rc.com/view.php?p=content/showcase/L30/LED_engines

PeaceOfMind

Enlightened
Great photos - I always love to see the outdoor/non-whitewall beamshots!
Those triple XP-G units sure do put out a serious wall of light. :eek:

don.gwapo

Enlightened
Thanks for the beamshots. Something's not right coz what I see is the R4 seems to be a little bit brighter than the two. And the R5 is a little bit brighter than the moddoo. Or maybe just the side spill that's why it looks brighter.

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 'warm' and 'cool white' beamshots look like the same, was your camera set to auto white balance by any chance.

btw nice setups you have there

black bolt

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the beamshots. Something's not right coz what I see is the R4 seems to be a little bit brighter than the two. And the R5 is a little bit brighter than the moddoo. Or maybe just the side spill that's why it looks brighter.

That's because the Moddoo is only running at 75% on a single cell. I sure would like to see this same beamshot location taken of the Moddoo operating on 2 cells! I'm pretty sure we should see a difference then. Btw, I do agree with you on the R4 Kerberos0023 looking brighter than the R5 one.

kellyglanzer

Enlightened
I'll check on the white balance setting tonight. there is no doubt that the Moddoo is brighter even on the single 18650. on two 18500 it is even better.
i will try and correct that tonight and possibly get a comparitive shot up with the two 18500 setup I normally run.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
When doing beamshot photos it is imperative to set white balance and exposure manually, failing which the camera would try to correct colors to match pure white which is what is happening here, take a look at the top left corner of every photo and compare the level of warmnest in the incand lighting. Do you see a difference? That is because the white balance has been alterred by the camera so that everything looks white. Also the auto exposure would try to correct the exposure to something which the camera thinks is correct but may not always be correct. The camera would not know if you intended the photo to be dim or bright and would adjust the exposure base on an average reading from the brightest highlights to the darkest shadows.

If you are using a compact camera with limited controls I am afraid there is nothing much you could do about it. Thanks for sharing.

kellyglanzer

Enlightened
Thanks for that. I am using this http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canong10/

I will try switch the white balance to manual tonight if i can. I don't have the camera with me at the moment.

When doing beamshot photos it is imperative to set white balance and exposure manually, failing which the camera would try to correct colors to match pure white which is what is happening here, take a look at the top left corner of every photo and compare the level of warmnest in the incand lighting. Do you see a difference? That is because the white balance has been alterred by the camera so that everything looks white. Also the auto exposure would try to correct the exposure to something which the camera thinks is correct but may not always be correct. The camera would not know if you intended the photo to be dim or bright and would adjust the exposure base on an average reading from the brightest highlights to the darkest shadows.

If you are using a compact camera with limited controls I am afraid there is nothing much you could do about it. Thanks for sharing.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast

I will try switch the white balance to manual tonight if i can. I don't have the camera with me at the moment.

That's a rather good camera, not an SLR, but close! I once was an amateur photgrapher, I quit with digital and only have an Olympus MJU 725SW by now, can't do any decent beamshots with that one for sure, with the G10 it's possible, you just have to know how! The less electronics turned on, the better.

I think it is clear that in the first shot, the neutral white, the white balance kicked in and the exposition time was slightly longer, have a look at the house on the left side, you'll see...

With wrong camera settings, you can make 200 Lumen brighter than 1000 Lumen without a problem, that's why I'd never try. The lights must also shine on exactly the same spot, which is difficult enough as well.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast

That's a good camera. I almost bought a resale piece from my friend after trying it out a few days but ended up buying the G11 instead, not because the G10 is lousy but rather because the G11 is out and I kind of like the swivel LCD.

Have fun trying out the beamshots again tonight.

ti-force

Flashlight Enthusiast
Click the link below to see an example of what tint variations should look like when the white balance remains the same for each light. White balance was set to daylight for all images taken. Scroll to the bottom of the post to see a warm tint comparison. Also, these are GIF's, and have been known to have problems working correctly with certain cell phone operating systems, and certain internet browsers.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/3455984&postcount=104

pae77

Enlightened
Regardless of the white balance errors, the beam on the Modo looks a bit tighter than the others. Hence I would expect it to have better throw. But I prefer the wider beam (or bigger spill) of the kerberos units. Plus the three mode neutral R4 seems as if it would be perfect for me. If only I could afford one. :green: