MAG2D-Mini-HID Mod

SilverLegacy

Newly Enlightened
Hi Everyone,
I cut down a MAG-2D and put in a HID module./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
MAG2DMiniHID.jpg

Battery Holder
battery_holder.jpg

Ballast
ballast.jpg

End cap switch
switch.jpg

Compare with the original
VS_Normal.jpg

The total length is about 180mm, and run-time is about 80 minutes./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SilverLegacy

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice indeed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
Any plans to sell this beast? I imagine a LOT of people would be interested.

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very, very nice! 500 lumens in a tight package. That's one of the WA Solarc MN10 10W HID kits isn't it? How much is the single kit? $500 for a developer's 5-pack is a bit stiff. You're using the B10N004 10.2V ballast are you not? If so, won't you be a little short of the spec voltage on those 4 CR123s in series? Do you think it would work with 6 CR123 in series and the B10N003 14.2V ballast?

Ufokillerz, I don't think that unit is going to pose a problem for the stock PC reflector. 10W seems to be tolerated reasonably well by the stocker.

If you would, please tell us how you made the connections to the Mag switch assembly.

Very nicely done!

Wilkey

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ahh, that makes much more sense now.

Thanks Larry!

Wilkey

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
At 7.1" in length, this is the ultimate TigerLight killer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wilkey

Steele37031

Newly Enlightened
That sure is a wicked looking light just don't crack anyone over the head with it LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif ...... so whats the secret inner workings? could you have used a rechargeable setup?
and I wanna see some beam shots /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif But this is a really nice set-up nice...

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i don't know what to say!
other than....dang!

very nice! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

NightStorm

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Dan

belyo

Newly Enlightened
He is Flashaholic of a MOD-lover to be famous in Japan. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

SilverLegacy

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys!/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

This is my homepage, and introduced how to make this MOD. But it's written by Japanese language. Sorry, I'm not good at English./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
http://plaza7.mbn.or.jp/~silver_legacy/

ufokillerz,
Stock reflector may be melt by heat, and I'll replace aluminum one.

Ginseng,
I'm using WA Solarc HID. I bought it from here. http://www.unityf.com/cgi/shops/index.html Ballast type is "11.5-13.0v". I'm using it by 4 CR123s in series. It was 20,450 Japanese yen.

jtice

Flashaholic
I have seen alot of really good mods on here.

But, this takes the cake.

Absolutely SUPERB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You even moved that Horrible huge Mag switch.

You do need to make these avalible to buy, These are amazing. At least sell the tailcaps.

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why do all the Japanese members have all the best lights? It's not fair! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

Y2Kirk1028

Enlightened
Thats sick!!! you rock SilverLegacy!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

This is definitely the ultimate Mag mod.

Now, how can I get my hands on of those neat HID kits???

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow! Beamshots please... How long will it run for? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif