Just got my Itp eos A1 and it looks to have an XPG R5 in it??

pounder

Newly Enlightened
am I crazy? they state it has a Q5 led but it looks nothing like a Q5 to me..i'm pretty new to leds so I may be mistaken..pic included..

dsc09327medium.jpg

pounder

Newly Enlightened
That's a Q5 XP-E.

An XP-G takes up more of the dome.

alright thanks! I searched for images and the R5 was the closest I could find..I guess my Q5 from DX isn't really a Q5..not surprised lol..

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
alright thanks! I searched for images and the R5 was the closest I could find..I guess my Q5 from DX isn't really a Q5..not surprised lol..

I think you might be mistaken because of the form factor. Cree produces different models that can have the same bin, for example, a Q5 can refer to an XP-E or an XR-E ... both have the same brightness but not the same form factor.

Last edited:

pounder

Newly Enlightened
I think you might be mistaken because of the form factor. Cree produces different models that can have the same bin, for example, a Q5 can refer to an XP-E or an XR-E ... both have the same brightness but nor the same form factor.

ahhh thanks for clearing that up..my other Q5 may be an XR-E and has a big dome around it..still trying to button up all the terms lol..