My Direct Drive Mag Aespheric

350xfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I came accross a used up Maglite that was broken and, what's there to do? Mod the crap out of it of course!!! So, SST-90, Custom bezel, 18650 battery, direct drive.... some stripes. I cheated on this one by slipping the threaded part of the mag lite into the barrel so I would not have to thread the back after shortening it up. Used JB Weld to hold together. I am now threading them.

DSC00920.jpg

DSC00919.jpg

DSC00918.jpg

DSC00916.jpg

DSC00915.jpg

DSC00914.jpg

350xfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, that was my first try at a custom bezel using the new old lathe I just got. To be honest, I was surprised I pulled it off on the first try!!! I do wish I would have made it a bit longer to allow for the light to sit flat. Someday I'll get a mill and do some scalloped bezels and such.

I've had some lights laying around that I built for practice and I am finally getting around to posting pics of them.

Thanks

moviles

Enlightened
DSC00918.jpg

nice mod but you must use aw 18650 imr batteries with safe chemistry :thumbsup:

Last edited:

350xfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, that was my first bezel that was intended for a dive light but when things went a bit wrong I decided to use it for the aespheric.
Thanks

Packhorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, that was my first bezel that was intended for a dive light but when things went a bit wrong I decided to use it for the aespheric.
Thanks
Things never go wrong when machining on a lathe. You simply are machining a part for " another future project".

Good work!

350xfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Things never go wrong when machining on a lathe. You simply are machining a part for " another future project".

Good work!

So true!t's nice to be able to replan things as you screw up the original plan.