Neutral (warm) D10 available anywhere?

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all,

In my semi-never ending quest to find the perfect helmet mounted light for night biking, I've decided I want to go with a neutral white D10 because they are more throwy, give the better depth perception of a neutral white, and have a high peak output for their size. (If anyone knows of a smaller single cell light that puts out a similar amount of lumens, and that can take the heat from 30+ min. on max, please let me know!)

I'd also like the option of using the red filter and diffuser for the D10 which to my knowledge will not also work with an EX10.

However, I cannot find a D10 with a Q3 emitter to save my life. If anyone can point me to a source for one of these, I would greatly appreciate it.. Hours and hours of searching on the internet have yielded absolutely ZERO results so far.

Thanks in advance.

-B

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ahh.... guess they're sold out. Contact them to ask if they'll bring in more?
Or it's easy to mod any D10 emitter to Q3.

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one in as new condition which is looking for a new home now that my old one has been repaired. PM sent. :)

Last edited:

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
Took one of my D10's apart for the very first time last week, so I can attest to the LED being easily accessible. This is a good place to start: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PDHZzEkR0Y

Like he shows in the video, the head assembly just unscrews and the LED is perched on top of that. As for desoldering the old one and soldering the new one and making sure it's centered and has the right voltage and...

Yeah, you're on your own with that one. :D

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure about the Q3 D10 but have you considered the Zebralight SC50w or even the H51?

Yes, I've been strongly considering a Zebralight, but have decided I want the D10 because I really want to be able to use the red filter and diffuser accessories as we do a lot of camping and stargazing (we recently bought a 10" reflector), and why I also want the Q3 emitter for the outdoor use.

From what I can find, none of the Zebras have a red filter/diffuser attachment like the D10. And, because I'm a regular bicyclist I EDC more stuff than anyone except a LEO so I'm interested in consolidation where I can; the D10 accessory kit will eliminate the need to carry an extra red light for star parties and things like that.

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awaiting reply on the PM.. I dont mean to rush you but I'll be away the next three days. Anyway, the offers open. :)