A burgler 'pants soiling' light

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezeriel

Enlightened
I need a light for those moments that I think I heard something in the back yard. :eek:

Something that completes the picture of a 240lb man, with a buzz cut and anger issues, storming out of his back door with every intent of pounding the life out of you... :whoopin:

Something that will make a little b______ soil his pants as soon as that wall of OMG! light is turned on.

I've been leaning toward the TK45, because I love the AA format (I have LD20 and TK20), but I'm not sure it has enough throw. And it would be nice to have some decent throw when at work
(I do security, outdoor/indoor patrols, warehouse/factory patrols)

I don't like the TK40. The button on the bottom is awkward with larger lights, the TK30 is an option I am considering.

..and whatever it is, it must use rechargeable batteries, and it must not be made by any dolphin killers in japan :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

etherealshade

Enlightened
Have you considered a ROP or Mag85? You wouldn't get loads of runtime, but it would be a very intimidating amount of light. On the LED side, a SR91 if you can stretch your budget. There are lots of options, but having an idea of your budget would help pin something down.

boulder

Newly Enlightened
Been thinking about getting something in the size/power range of the TK45 myself. Consider the Olight SR50. It uses 6x123's and will give you considerably more throw than the Fenix. The SR50 will most likely be my next purchase for a "big" light.

Razorhog

Newly Enlightened
Any decently bright flashlight with good throw will work. It's the sound of a pump action 12 gauge that the flashlight is attached to that causes the soiling. :)
Seriously though, the TK45 should get the job done - that must be so much light you can feel it!

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
What size is your yard? A TK45 would do my yard in spades. I don't own one, yet. My everyday carry is a Pelican7060LED but it's no pants soiler. Great throw. Next to the TK40, not so bright :duh2:
I bought the pelican before I learned of CPF. Had I known I would have gone for 600+ lumens in an everyday carry.
The pants crapper? I use is the Motomaster 25mill Candle power HID to clear buildings broken into that I'm boarding up.

I've been tempted to epoxy a 200 lumen flashlight to the top of a spare hammer but figured I might be laughed at ( still might )

utlgoa

Enlightened
You may want to checkout the Ultrafire RL-2088. It uses the Osram Ostar LED. It has 1200 advertised Lumens, is powered by three 18650 Batteries, and goes for around $139.00.

I have one, and it lights up the whole yard.

Here is a link for more information.....

[Link deleted - DM51]

Last edited by a moderator:

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
... and it must not be made by any dolphin killers in japan :mad:

Well forget about buying anything form China then. Their human rights abuses are on record and makes the dolphin killing pale in comparison.

My suggestion would be the Blaster NG by Elektrolumens, or the Firesword IV by the same manufacturer. Both use rechargable batteries and are made by a freedom loving American, so guilt free lumens on all sides.

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast
and it must not be made by any dolphin killers in japan :mad:
:crackup:
Good luck finding any pants-crapper lights with parts made in the USA. While personally I don't think that eating dolphin is even a minor consideration compared to the human rights abuses everywhere else, :shrug: you're gonna have a hard time finding any lights with at least some parts not made in japan... :confused:

Also, just get a shotgun. Shotgun+decently bright light > really bright light.

DM51

Flashaholic
This thread needs to concentrate more on finding a suitable light for the OP than any 'issues' it may cause in an intruder's pants :sick2:.

Members should also avoid making disparaging references to China and Japan, please.

notsofast

Enlightened
Turn a 200lm light on and shine it in your eyes, it is awfully bright. Multiply that by 2 or 3 and you have all the light you need for what you have described.

Look at electrolumens (found in the dealers section) information. He sells a light that takes an 18650 battery and puts out 500++ lumens. It has great heat sinking (won't over heat) and sells for $129.

Brigadier

Enlightened
Sounds like a job for the SureFire M4 Devastator[350 OTF lumens], or M6 Guardian[500 OTF lumens], or the 10X Dominator[500 OTF lumens].

Last edited:

Ezeriel

Enlightened
sorry about the 'b' word.. I forget that even though it's rated G in the states, it's a swear word on the other side of the pond..

budget? I'm thinking $100-$150 US should get me something impressive

I consider 'impressive' 400+ lumens depending on the size of the light

size is your yard? About an acre; my neighbor's that borders the back side is about 2 acres. The longest length of field is about 150 yards. At work I have cornfields that span a half mile to 2 miles in length, with numerous wooded areas.

We have fishercats, bobcats, bears, and lots of skunks. I'd hate to stumble upon any of them. :aaa:
My TK20 has always been enough for wildlife, but there has been some less than desirable human elements that moved into the area.

I am allowed a knife, should I ever need to cut an employee free from some heavy machinery, but avoiding violence at work is always prefered, so seeing someone from a long distance sounds nice.

At home it's another story. :twak:

o_0 that ultrafire is nice

the firesword is so.. so .. they really need a /drool icon
sadly it's a bit out of my price range

Members should also avoid making disparaging references to China and Japan, please.

Sorry, just watched the cove last night and I'm still upset from it...

electrolumens has gorgeous stuff the EDC-MCE in the metallic blue is nearly a piece of art.

Thank you everyone, I didn't know most of these lights even existed, and even though I will only buy one, I love the info

A side note I googled ' 3xSST-90 dropin ' and the first link is this page.. creepy

Last edited:

Fresh Light

Enlightened
Lambda Lights Varapower 2K lumens, copper and UCL, about $200.00

So far this is the only one that I've heard that is remotely up to the cause. I've got a Deft, Firesword, and D31, and I the the Lambda would still be the way to go for your case. But don't forget the intimidation you get with a hotwire 623 min. But since this is the diode thread, I think the quoted option would impress you the most...

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, the varapower is awesome. I have two. One copper heatsink w/dome on, one dome off (insane throw master). THe copper with dome on is an AMAZING check the back yard light. Turned up high (very easy UI), that would really get your poijt across.

Status
Not open for further replies.