Quark Tactical Tailsitting question

Burncycle

Newly Enlightened
I'm thinking about getting my father a flashlight for his birthday. He's a real fan of gadgets but likes things kept pretty simple.

I recently acquired a quark mini and I'm an instant fan of how much brightness I got out of it, so I was thinking about getting him a quark tactical because he likes clickies and from what I understand on the quark tactical you can program your two favorite modes and just select between those, as opposed to the standard quark where you have to scroll through a bunch of modes.

However he definitely wants something that can tailsit. From what I understand, you can purchase separately and use the tailsitting tail switch from the website but it sacrifices the momentary on function right? I just wanted to make sure I understand how it works.

Additionally, does anybody know if there are any plans for a tail sitting tailcap that retains the momentary on function?

Regards

jblackwood

Enlightened
The one in post #2 is a little bigger than the body, just an FYI. I'm not sure if it's ever been called tail-sitting before. You might do better to search for tailstanding on this board if you want more info. But yes, the only tailcap that allows both momentary and tailstanding is the one linked in post #2.

EDIT: Just saw my post count . . . call me 3sevens!!!