TigerLight Facts

TigerLight Pro

Newly Enlightened
The bureau of Prisons did a test on the TigerlIght and determined thta it was brighter than the ultra stinger and the dominator. The burea of prisons rated the TigerLight at more than 100K CP when compared to the Ultra Stinger. TigerLight rates at 50,000 CP.

The Federal Bureau of prisons chose the TigerLight as the number one performer. They currently are using the Tigerlight. The 8" light was designed for the FBOP.

There were some rings in first run Lamp Modules. We did get that dialed in. The first thing I want people to know is that he TigerlIght is a weapon. It is designed to give LEO and Military the upper hand. We want the light to be so bright that even a motivated subject cant look through the light to the Officer. Additionally maximum reach gives the professional the maximum advantage. In a Tactical situation, such as a yard search, most of the small lights function as becons instead of combat lights. A light that only reaches out 30 to 50 feet and wont penetrate brush, merely affords the hunted to zero in on the hunter. Go out and try it search around have somebody hiding at 200 feet. start walking toward the person. Have the person keep track of when he saw you light up your small light (pick any small tac light stinger, executive) I'll bet you that you will walk into the suspects effective kill zone before you will see the suspect. I've seen it in real life. I have dead partners as a result.

The 19th Special forces removed their surefire lights and duct taped a TL to their M4 rifles just for that reason. So far the TigerlIght has been successful in doing cave searches and other searches for alkaida.

For all you cops and soldiers that read this forum. I will tell you this, In my opinion, the 30000 CP SL20x is the absolute minimum for tactical situations. Do not exchange comfort for performance. I have always wondered about cops who choose to carry a light because it fits on the belt and it doesn't get in the way. In other words, it's the best light to carry so long as you do not have to use it. After all, the purpose of the flashlight is to give you the ability to see. Not make your duty belt comfortable, because you've gotten so fat your vest pinches and your full size light pokes you in the love handle. incidentally, I have experience with that as well.

I'm not here to make a sell, I am hoping to make sense and shed some light.

By the way, puting a TigerLight lamp in a mag or any other light, will not give you TigerlIght Performance. The fact is, that mostof those other lights are 20 year old technology. It is a little like trying to run windows XP on a 286.

For future reference, I know exactly how The TigerLIght gets it's brightness, I designed it. I also can not tell you., But I can say that we are just waiting to see if the competition can catch up. I already have the next generation ready to go.

My Ratings for pure hard core brightness:

TigerLight
Dominator
M6
Other Millinium Lights
Ultra Stinger
SL 35X
Magcharger
SL 20x

Mini Lights are irrelevant when youu life depend on being able to see the threat. By the way, I carry a stinger as a back up to my TL. It is good for searching cars.

Favorite Lights:

TigerLight (Simply the brightest and toughest)
SL20x (Quality Light great company)
Ultra Stinger (Little narrow, but it is a streamlight)
M6 (extremely bright looks great!!, odd shape causes fatigue over time. Expensive)

Happy to answere questions.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. We are always happy to hear directly from a flashlight manufacturer/inventor.

So here's the questions:

1. Do you plan on offering a pyrex type lens in the tigerlight in the future to prevent the lens from possibly melting?

2. Are there any plans to use a tailcap on/off switch on the non-pepper spray model instead of the current design with a switch on the body? It's much easier to find a switch that's on the tailcap when you are in the dark.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting info. I've had a TL (non-OC) for almost a year, and it is the brightest light I own, which includes just about every "duty" light available.

My current at-work set-up is an Ultrastinger and a secondary light being a StingerXT. Only very recently did I find a belt holder for the Tigerlight, that would allow for full time carry on the duty belt.

I just have two minor changes I would make to the light, based upon my use experience:
1. Eliminate the gold "Tigerlight" ring that encircles the light.
2. The window could be more scratch resistant, maybe upgraded to tempered glass or Pyrex (although in a correctional environment, that may not be optional). I replaced the original window with a Streamlight SL series replacement piece, which seems to be a bit thicker and scratch resistant.

Lastly, my TL serial number is:001008790. Would I benefit from the latest generation lamp module?

Anyways, welcome to CPf!!

--dan

Size15's

Flashaholic
I'm trying to get hold of a TigerLight. Thank you for joining our discussion board. If you have any photos of comparisions, be they beam shots or size relationships, I'm sure they'll speak for themselves.

A carry method for the 8" TigerLight such as a ring or pouch would be a very good idea.

I hope to read more of your posts here at CPF.

Respectfully,

Al

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Comparing the pepper-spray version to the shorter 8" light, is there any differerance at all with the output or workings of the light or is it just minus the pepper-spay stuff?

K-T

*Moderator*
Let me welcome you, Randy, to CPF. It is nice to have someone to talk to who knows about his product.

I recently got interested in -what is supposed to be high powered- lights other than SF and had the "luck" to handle the Magcharger for some time but didn't like it. Now it is time to take a closer look at the 8" Tigerlight. Only problem is noone in Germany does sell this light. Is there any possiblity to get one of these for Germany (with fitting chargers ?)
When will the next generation be ready? Should I wait for the GenII ?

Even though I don't have experience with weapon mounted lights I would be interested how the SF weapon mounted lights similar to the M6 compare to your Duct-Tape TL version.

Thanks for your time.

Klaus.
smile.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
thank you for your information randy. i do not have personal experience, but many people have said that the tigerlight is a great light.

i do not doubt your claimes of brigher than the us and m6 and others, but why is it rated at only 50,000cp when it is capable of much higher? also, how is the throw compared to the ultrastinger?

thank you for involving yourself in these forums, i am sure both parties will benifit from it.

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a hard time believing it is brighter than the M6 or X10, but I hope it is. I am hopefully getting one for Christmas and will be able to see first hand. Thanks for your input.
smile.gif

JT

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, that was going to be my first question -- can anyone else verify that their Tigerlight is as bright (or brighter) than an M6 or Dominator? Pretty impressive, if so!

The other question: how do rechargeables hold up to occasional use? That is, I use my Surefire M4 maybe every 2 weeks at most, often just once a month. Were I to get a Tigerlight to fill the same role, do the batteries hold up well to the light being plugged into the charger for weeks at a time without use, or is this kind of use more suitable to 123As rather than rechargeables?

Thanks!

Joe

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the ring problem taken care of? Is the reflector textured or smooth? This is a light that a non LEO who just likes bright lights might be able to afford.

hairydogs

Newly Enlightened
Alan

Can u confirm that this flashlight is brighter than the 10X and M6 (LOLA or HOLA)?

TigerLight Pro

Newly Enlightened
Sean: We are considering a pyrex lens, In fact we will likely go there. We are goetting ultraviolet, and infrared.

As for the tail cap switch. I have researched it. It is cheaper to do an end cap switch, but feedback from shooters, special forces and airforce SF has made me decide to leave it alone.

Dano: you are not the first to suggest losing the gold ring. Even I suggested it at one time, but I have seen that it gives the light mass appeal and mass appeal beats cop appeal. Besides, from a purley tactical point of view, the air force put it best, If they see the gold ring the before they see the light then we are already fighting.

A glass lens will likely increase output. We do sell a new lexan lens with every lamp module.

When I release the new technology, it will set right into your TL. And The batteryperformance will remain virtually unchanged

Size 15-Engineers at Brigham Young did a comparison whre they actually photographed the light beam on some sort of film. You can see the actual print of the light beam. Their system actually creates a 3D picture of the light and compares the intensity of the beams. The graph that they sent us compared the MagCharger the SL20x and the Ultra stinger. We will eventually release the complete test. I can not give details here, but we are not affraid to make the test public. Stallion Lether makes several different holsters for the TigerLight.

This is nas-car: They are the same

KT : We can ship the non pepper spray version (8") out of the states. I probably should have a better knowledge of the competition's lights. I do not know anything about the lights that you are talking about, but I do know that the dominator and the M6 didn't quite make it. The European adapters are no problem. Just Contact TigerLight at 435-657-9529.

Rothrandir_ The answer is simple we intentionally underated the TigerLights BCP so that one specific competitor wouldn't get upset. Believe it or not there is a company out there that uses philly buster law sutes to keep it's worn out 20 year old technology from being challenged.

JT IVAt: Yup, Not only brighter, but runs a full hour without setting your hand on fire. How much do the CR123 batteries cost? Isn't it like 14 bucks an hour to run an M6. I ve got to tell ya I like the looks of the M6.

The TigerLight has a NiMH power pack. It can handle short charging without developing the NiCAD "memory" problems. In fact I charged mine 24/7 for more than a year to make sure that it would peform within specifications for the term of the warranty. However, It is always better not to have the rechargeable in a constant overharge.

Mr Ted Bear: We have not taken the time to determine Lumen. We have a weapon, and we want a light That is bright enough to cause discomfort and make an adversary back off. The Air Force SF rated the TigerLight as three weapons. The light is bright enough to disorient an enemy, the light itself will replace a baton on their duty belt, and the pepper spray or chemical agent is what it is.

Geepondy: We have made significant progress in the "clean spot area". Again, we are going for maximum eyeball spinning light. The short answer is yes

Thanks for your input I keep track of sugestions and ideas.

Catdaddy

Enlightened
I have to say my Tiger is very bright! It is the center that is so bright and carries sooooooooo far. The M6 definitely puts out more overall light, IMO. I love the Tiger for the ability to rechare and not worry about battery cost, and for the extra security of pepper spray if needed.

My only suggestion for the TigerLight is that the barrel be a little smaller so that thumb-in-the-trigger position is easier on the hand. I ma a pretty big man but the light feels a little unstable in my weak hand.

You guys may already know about this sale, but I am posting just in case.

Member # 2541

posted 11-06-2002 06:37 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------
TACTICAL WAREHOUSE in offering a factory authorized special on
all TigerLights for "CPF Members Only"! Hurry - This special runs through
November 30th, 2002!

Full sized TigerLights with dispensing capability on sale for
only $127.98! Retail Price $160.00.

Short TigerLights without dispensing capability on sale for only
$111.99! Retail Price $140.00.

FREE SHIPPING and FREE PHOTON MICRO-LIGHT with your order!!

Both lights are in stock now! Because this is a CPF "Members
Only" special, please call toll free at 888-505-PLAN or e-mail me at
[email protected] to place your orders.

Thanks for your support!

Dan.

--------------------
"Performance is the bottom line!"
www.tacticalwarehouse.com

BTW, he is a great guy to deal with.
John

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
how thick is the body compared to a streamlight sl20?

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
when do you expect to have the pyrex lens available?

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by hairydog:
Alan

Can u confirm that this flashlight is brighter than the 10X and M6 (LOLA or HOLA)?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hairdog, I didn't get hold of a TL yet but will be very soon:)

Alan

D

**DONOTDELETE**

The Tigerlight is brighter than the Surefire 10X, M6, 12P/ZM, Maglite Magcharger,
Streamlight SL-20 & SL-35. It may not be brighter than the Ultrastinger in it tightest focus.

The Tigerlight will out-'throw' all of of them except the SL-35.

Given variations in individual products, my opinion is based on those few examples that I've actually used and evaluated in a very non-scientific manner. A larger population sample needs to be reviewed to attain more conclusive and objective results.

The Tigerlight is the product that I openly suggested that Surefire make. It certainly provides more output than my beloved Magcharger, is affordable, has decent runtime, and is more robust than the fragile 10X.

Size15's

Flashaholic
For years, I have been demanding SureFire make their M1000 (which would be TigerLight-ish in design.)

Without having TigerLight [yet], I can only base this on reviews here on CPF, but the TigerLight appears to have many of the features I need for a flashlight - long range, rechargeable, intense, high quality. It has shock isolation too I believe.

What it doesn't have is a TailCap pressure switch. It doesn't have SureFire's [M6] style.

I am in the process of buying a TigerLight.

Al