Looking for the brightest 2AA..

Dreamer

Newly Enlightened
I'm curious, what's the brightest 2AA in the market now? Something that has good throw + forward clickie. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Waspy

Newly Enlightened
Edit: you already have what I was going to recommend.

Last edited:

Chevy-SS

Enlightened
I have Eagletac and Quark (as shown in pic below, the two AA*2 lights are on left). The EagleTac is definitely the better thrower IMO. The Quark has a larger hotspot (less throw).

7-edc-lights.jpg

-

daflip702

Newly Enlightened
City for losing your mind/wallet AKA Las Vegas
The Javelin is nice. Not quite sure on the throw with the lower voltage XPG/XPE pills though. Honestly, I would think that the Quark 2AA Turbo would still out throw the Javelin due to the head.

I got my Javelin(empty) host yesterday from Jay. Now it's running a Dereelight XRE R2 SMO 3.4-15v with 2x14500 or 3AA Li primaries(nice tight beam with lots of rings). Out throws everything I got....so far. I don't have one of those "big boy" flashlights yet.

bedazzLED

Enlightened
+1 on the Javelin.

When you use the 3xAA configuration, it is brighter and throws further than any of my other AA lights. including the Quark lights. Even with the 2xAA configuration it's a good thrower.

Then again, if you would like the flexibility of AA and CR123, then the Jetbeam RRT-0 is a good option.

Dreamer

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys for the replies. Now considering the Eagletac P20A2 Mark II R5 and also the Dereelight Javeelin, but I notice Dereelight is slow in releasing new models.

Deal4

Enlightened
I'm curious, what's the brightest 2AA in the market now? Something that has good throw + forward clickie. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Hi Dreamer,
Forgive me if I am stating the obvious,:ohgeez: but I have almost made a couple of purchases till someone alerted me to something that I wasn't aware of.
You most likely know this, but the Eagle Tac P20A2 MKII uses the XP-G emitter so the lux/throw is greatly decreased compared to the earlier P20A2 (non MK-II) which uses the XR-E emitter.
In your earlier post you state that you want a light with good throw. I have the earlier P20A2 XR-E and does have good throw, but the throw of the current P20A2 MKII is much different.
Just thought I would make sure you were aware of this so you won't be dissapointed.:)

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Quark Turbo AA2 with the R5 emitter. Very nice with great throw compared to my Quark AA2 Regular and Tactical versions. So for a AA thrower, I'd recommend the Quark Turbo. Something to consider though - the quark turbo currently has the S2 LED in it, and has an ugly green tint. 4Sevens is almost out of the S2 LEDs and will be going back to the R5 LEDs in these lights soon which is much better in terms of color. So, if you are considering the quark turbo I'd wait until the R5 comes back.

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since you guys are reviving an old thread. I would say check out Thrunite's 2A... XM-L emitter, sweet UI, lockout tailcap, it stands, it's cheap, and it very well made. I only have the 1C but I imagine the 2A is pretty wicked. I believe you can buy a 1A body for it and run a 14500 through it though I could be mistaken. It's purely a flood light though. Pure beautiful flood.