5*Cree R2 1200-Lumen White Light Drop-in LED Module max voltage??

wayfasterthanyou

Newly Enlightened
I have this module going into a mag and wonder if I will kill it if I go over 8.4 volts like it says?

6 1.2 volt aa cells often come off the charger at 10 volts but after a bit of load they come down.

I do not want to blow it up .

is it any brighter going from 7.2 volts to 8.4 ?

wayfasterthanyou

Newly Enlightened
I am just wondering if it saw 12 volts would it go poof or just be no brighter than if it saw 8.4?

I have 2 3.6 volt batteries hitting 9 volts off the charger and don't want to blow up my new mod .

fire2727

Newly Enlightened
If Mr. Module Maker and the extremely skillful builders on this site say use "these" batteries then thats exactly what I do.

If you could over volt it then it would have been mentioned.....lovecpf

ttwhin

Newly Enlightened
I have this module going into a mag and wonder if I will kill it if I go over 8.4 volts like it says?

6 1.2 volt aa cells often come off the charger at 10 volts but after a bit of load they come down.

I do not want to blow it up .

I think you should do fine with 6 NiCd or NiMh. Its nominal voltage is
7.2V
However if you want to try with higher voltage-setup you can find some information here (its same driver in module) https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/272061

No

wayfasterthanyou

Newly Enlightened
I think you should do fine with 6 NiCd or NiMh. Its nominal voltage is
7.2V
However if you want to try with higher voltage-setup you can find some information here (its same driver in module) https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/272061

No

Thank you for this info, I just used 2 cells from a laptop battery and it all fit into a 2d mag and is very bright and just what I was looking for.