TK-11 additional thoughts

Rusty Joe

Newly Enlightened
Wasn't terribly blown away by this light at first, but I am more now than at first. I miss that tight hot-spot of the Mags, but am getting used to the well-structured circle of blue-ish, white-ish, purplish light it puts out. And fooling around in more dark situations without ambient light, it comes through mightily. Those around me have been quite impressed by it. It's my official duty light in the carrying case. I still think the 285 lumen rating may be a bit too high, though.

ateallthepies

Enlightened
I have the R2 TK11 and this has been my go to light for quite a while but it is getting quite bashed up now as it had been in my tool bag. It has a warmer tint than any of my other lights which is nice!

I was thinking of getting an R5 version or maybe the TK12 for the lower low it offers and the better flood ability?

Great lights though with zero problems for over a year of heavy use!

Steve.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a TK 11 R2 too. It's a great light and I'm sure I could ask in my will to be buried with it, since it's likely it will still work by then... especially that it doesn't get used nearly half as much as it should, but I only have so many hands.

Jannis

Newly Enlightened
Hi I have both the TK11 R2 and R5, must say that the R5 is quite a bit brighter, and I have no doubt that it is 285 lumens, I have mesured the lux number on spot, spill, and ceiling bounce, between the two, and also thrown in the olight m21 and the lumapower signature tactical vx, with turbo head, in the competition, both claiming to be 500 lumens light.
My lux meter tend to mesure a little lower than others, its a cheepo.

Here is the numbers:

Tk11 R2 Spill 1meter, 97lux. Spot 1meter 8510lux. Celing Bounce 15,2lux

TK11 R5 spill 1meter 94lux. Spot 1meter 6960lux Ceiling Bounce 19.4lux

Olight M21 Spill 1meter 117lux, Spot 1m 4640lux Ceiling bounce 19.1lux

Signature spill 1meter 143lux, spot 1meter 7530lux ceiling bounce 22.0lux

As you can see, the fenix R5 is in fact brighter in ceiling bounce than olight m21, and throw is quite good, so for me i must say I realy pleased with my new fenix R5:twothumbs

Rusty Joe

Newly Enlightened
That's cool. Well, maybe it's me expecting a more concentrated hotspot. Nonetheless, I took it out in our shut-down waterpark (completely dark) and it lit the baby right up! I continue to be impressed!

uknewbie

Banned
I have had an R2 version for a couple of years now and it has lasted very well. Some minor complaints though:

1. Ringy beam. Not great white wall hunter.
2. No low low. 64 lumens can be too bright sometimes.

That said can't think of much else to moan about all the time I have had it. I have red and white traffic cones/lantern attachments and a red filter screen for it which is what kinda makes it handy to keep, even though it doesn't see as much use now.

All in all a very good light, and very good price in the USA too well worth the money.

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
The TK11 is a nice overall EDC type light. Got 2 modes selected by switching the head (no accidental mode changes), fairly bright and comes with a removable grip ring and holster (other lights don't come with either or).

Got the R2 version and I can't complain. Picked it up BNIP for cheap so it was a great deal.

daf3m

Enlightened
I can only complain about the holster !Quite rugged with good throw ideal for EDC !