ordered me a inretech white last night!

snapper

Newly Enlightened
I had an opalec that the plastic collar broke on, but was glueable, but it was cause enough to order a new drop in. I ordered it last night, so it ought to be here by the weekend. It cost a total of thirty bucks, and best i can tee it is just the adapter. Now a few questions. Will this kit work in any other lights? And secondly hos does output and runtime compare to the opalec? (i have read archiuves and just got confused more)I will update when i get it. So any other things i should know about these?

Thanks again!!

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
The Inretech uses a 1.2 watt white Luxeon, so it should be significantly brighter than the Opalec, which uses three Nichia 5mm LEDs plus that smaller red one that comes on when it drops out of regulation.
I don't know how the runtimes would stack up though. If you run lithium AAs (Energizer L91) in the Inretech, it should be brighter and have a flatter discharge curve than alkaline AA cells.

Stefan

Enlightened
Side by side comparison on a reviewer website shows that the opalec is specifically designed for the minimag only. Looking at the images the Inretech will work in any 2 cell bi-pin bulb flashlight. They both work with the minimag. Compare it for yourself.... here's a review of the Opalec newbeam vs. the Inretech drop in. TheLEDMuseum beat me to it....the Inretech is noticeably brighter compared to the opalec.

Stefan

Enlightened
Inretechs are meant for 3.00 volts to 3.40 volts (regular 2 AA alkalines, and 2 AA lithiums) depending on the forward voltage of the LS at the time. It is not recommended to use 2 lithiums though. 1 AA on the Luxeon will barely make the light glow, if that. And if you are thinking of using it on Roths' mini-mini mag (that uses 2 AAA's actually), the answers point to no.

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Stefan for the link. I'm sure Roth's MMM runs on 1XAA. It's a cut-down 2XAA mini mag.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
Stefan said:
Inretechs are meant for 3.00 volts to 3.40 volts (regular 2 AA alkalines, and 2 AA lithiums) depending on the forward voltage of the LS at the time. It is not recommended to use 2 lithiums though.

[/ QUOTE ]
You can use lithiums in the white, royal blue, blue, blue-green, and green; but not in the amber and red models unless you want to let out all of the magic smoke.

snapper

Newly Enlightened
so will lithiums void the warranty? If not i will pick up a pack..

Thanks

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Frankly I was stunned by the output of the current Inretech white 2xAA modules. 200 lux at one meter is very serious output for a 3v alkaline driven 1 watt Luxeon. The central hotspot is brighter than the beam center of a Lightwave 4000 (a 10 LED 3xD light) and beats the output of the CMG Reactor 3 sample I received (a 3xAA luxeon). I doubt you'll be disappointed with it.

Stefan

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
snapper said:
so will lithiums void the warranty? If not i will pick up a pack..

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry if I confused anyone. Lithiums are okay, but I'm more worried about heat buildup. If you are buying the complete unit, lithiums are ideal. But if you just buy the adapter without the flashlight unit, you might have problems depending on what flashlight you use as a host. Judging from the images of the LS unit itself, it does appear to lack a bit of heatsinking, so might not function to well in a plastic host. Any of this making sense? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

snapper

Newly Enlightened
How is inretechs shipping lately? Ordered it on tuesday night. Didn't come today(friday) So hopely it will come tommorrow or i will have a dull weekend. I have sent a couple e-mails asking if it was mailed, but no response. I really wish they used ups, more predictable. So whatcha think my chances are of getting it tommorrow??

Thanks! chris

INRETECH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Our shipping has been averaging 24-48hrs

If anyone has emailed us ([email protected]) and not got an answer, I must apologise - our provider www.cybcon.com got "hit" pretty hard with the email worm "so.big", if you have sent an email to our normal email address and not got an answer within 1/2 day - please send a private email here on CPF

Our AA Adapters are really designed for Alkalines, but pushing them a little on the White/Blue (same part) doesn't seem to be a problem

snapper

Newly Enlightened
anybody else noticed how when inretech posts, the date shows 2002 not 2003? Must be a glitch.

Later Chris

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
[ QUOTE ]
snapper said:anybody else noticed how when inretech posts, the date shows 2002 not 2003? Must be a glitch.
Later Chris

[/ QUOTE ]
--------------------
Chris are you looking at their CPF reg date or the message post date?

snapper

Newly Enlightened
well i got it tonight, but mine is extremely green. Got an e-mail in to inretech, so hopefully will get a whiter one..

Later guys!!