AA1 flashlight

MK9

Newly Enlightened
I posted this questions a couple weeks ago but there was blip on the site and the originating and subsequent posts where lost to the world.
So, Here I go again (on my own. UGH, I couldn't resist:naughty:)

I am looking for a simple, EDC, single AA flashlight between the size of a
Inova X1 and a Quark MiNi.

I do want:
pocket clip, rear clicky, low medium high settings (in that order) accessed by a push of the rear clicky. Similarly to my Quark 2AA.
Basically, I want a smaller Quark 1AA or fenix LD10.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe a nitecore D10? It is .3 inches shorter than the Quark.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Nothing smaller than the Quark Mini, but the Zebralight SC50w+ or SC51 might fit the bill for you (front switch, not rear, though).

Comparison pic:
Zebra056.jpg

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
You know if the SC51 had a high frequency PWM on med and low I think it could be one amazing little light. The pre-production sample PWM would drive me insane so hopefully that is quickly fixed.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is that Nitecore D10 in natural? Never saw one before, is/was it a limited edition? Wouldn't mind one in natural to go with my 2 black piston drive D10s

Sarlix

Enlightened
You know if the SC51 had a high frequency PWM on med and low I think it could be one amazing little light. The pre-production sample PWM would drive me insane so hopefully that is quickly fixed.

I have a Zebralight H51 which from what I understand is basically the same as the SC51. The only PWM I notice on my sample is on the low low mode. I cant see any flickering with my bare eyes but It basically acts like a strobe light you might find in a Disco. Waving something in front of it has a slow motion type effect - If that makes sense..

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Is that Nitecore D10 in natural? Never saw one before, is/was it a limited edition? Wouldn't mind one in natural to go with my 2 black piston drive D10s
It's the D10SP - they switched a more "sandy" coloured Natural finish for that model.

The SC51's PWM is very noticeable on the Lowest Lo (and detectable but not distracting on the Lower Med). Shipping versions may be better than my reviewed engineering sample, but it will still be visible on the lowest Lo.

As an aside, the SC50w has no PWM on the Lowest Lo (and visually undetectable PWM on the lower Med). :whistle:

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not one for recommending stuff that doesn't match the requirements but I like my Zebralight SC30 so much, I have to recommend it. Get a couple of rechargeables for it and you're set. Super small, super bright, easy to change modes and has a clip.

George

MK9

Newly Enlightened
I'm not one for recommending stuff that doesn't match the requirements but I like my Zebralight SC30 so much, I have to recommend it. Get a couple of rechargeables for it and you're set. Super small, super bright, easy to change modes and has a clip.

George

I have a little multitool sheath (if i could figure out how to post pics, I'd post the pic of pickled peppers,,, oops, post of the pic I took of my sheath as I have it set up) for my Wave. It's just big enough to house my LM Wave, an extra battery and a flashlight .75dia X 4" long. If I could get a larger flashlight I would get the Quark AA. I have its big brother and am very happy with it. Unless someone can direct me to a site where they make AFFORDABLE, off the shelf multitool sheaths. I looked a couple of custom sheath web sites. that is more than I can spend.

matt_o

Newly Enlightened
What about the Jetbeam BK135A. You can set the IBS to low medium high. It doesn't come with a pocket clip but you can modify a Nitecore clip to work.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
GOtcha. You should have no problem finding sheaths or whatever around here.

MK9

Newly Enlightened
What about the Jetbeam BK135A. You can set the IBS to low medium high. It doesn't come with a pocket clip but you can modify a Nitecore clip to work.

The physical configuration would be perfect.
But, how is it modified to fit?
My reluctance is spending money needlessly. That's why I'm looking for an "off the shelf unit".

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
MK9,

Check out the Maglite brand leather belt case. It can house both a multitool and a 2AA or 1AA flashlight. I think it may have been discontinued, but is still on dealer shelves:

Amazon.com shows it at their web site.

I have one, though I don't use it much.

maglite-dbl-case1.jpg

maglite-dbl-case2.jpg

maglite-dbl-case3.jpg