What was it about the Arc *.* that made you want..

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

EchoSierraTwo

to buy it. I'm curious to know. For me it was the Blackout. I got caught good without one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif and swore that I would never again.

***comment added***
Also what made me get the Arc was my love of ANYTHING Gadgetty! I love Gadgets. My wife knows this and she knows my hobbies. I once told her so that she could understand why I like gadgets and why I attack my hobbies in the manner that I do (FULL FORCE!) and why they are just so damn expensive. I told her that hobbies, any hobby is expensive (especially mine). I told her that she should be grateful that I work at a job that I enjoy and get payed pretty well for. Also, I could be one of those Klondikes that always hangout at bars or gentlemens club and just waste my money there. At least she sees where my extra money goes. She is ok with it. I guess she tries to understand it but has some confusion about it. But one thing for sure, she could see that the LS was a great little torch and was BRIGHT as hell. She was impressed. When I showed her the Arc AAA, she loved it. Quote "It's so qute" HAHAHAHA. Thats all that concerns her is that it is qute. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

jtice

Flashaholic
For, me....
Once I get into something, I go allll the way to the top, best.

I heard nothing but great things about Arc,,, so, I now have a Arc LSH-P and 5 AAA's.

And all those great things i heard were right. I LOVE these lights. EXCELLENT quality.

Im in the process of getting a McLux. Then I'll be happy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Well,,,, till the next light /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif (LS4?) hehe

E

EchoSierraTwo

[ QUOTE ]
jtice said:
For, me....
Once I get into something, I go allll the way to the top, best.

I heard nothing but great things about Arc,,, so, I now have a Arc LSH-P and 5 AAA's.

And all those great things i heard were right. I LOVE these lights. EXCELLENT quality.

Im in the process of getting a McLux. Then I'll be happy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Well,,,, till the next light /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif (LS4?) hehe

[/ QUOTE ]

Im with you on that brother. I Study, observe and attack in almost everything that I do. I subscribe to the theory, though I think it's a fact, that you get what you pay for. If you buy a durecell 8 pack with a 25¢ light in it, two things just happened: [*]You got ripped off [/list] [*]the light is worth just that [/list]

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: What was it about the Arc *.* that made you wa

When I came to CPF in March, I knew I wanted a bright LED light. I had decided that one with a Luxeon was the way to go. I saw only two choices: SF L1 and Arc LS. At first I was attracted by the L1's two level switching, but came to believe that the Arc was a better light. I then decided firmly that, since the Arc LS4 was to be coming by Fall, I'd wait . . . but I couldn't. I had to have the LS2. Since then I've bought eight.

So why do I buy them? Because they're small, reliable, and sturdy.

Paul

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

Gandalf introduced me to the CPF after I purchased an eternaLight (another VERY good line of lights!! - ESPECIALLY for long runtimes needed during a power outage!)...reading all I could, absorbing knowledge, I found Tom Hoops (Technology Associates - again the eternaLight folks!) selling some ARC AAAs on his website.

Being very satisified with the eternaLight Ergo 3, I thought that Tom wouldn't be selling a junk torch so I "jumped" at the purchase. TOTALLY RIGHT move on my part! All the info on the CPF merely perpetuated all the quality info that I had compiled in my "little" brain in reference to the ARC AAA!

Reading more and more...seeing the relationship that Peter Gransee has with the CPF members...accepting their input on design parameters, I thought this new ARC LS he's designing is really sounding like another quality torch...SURE ENOUGH!!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLLL!!!!

E

EchoSierraTwo

Yeah, when I was doing the research I was looking for a incan and totaly forgot that LEDs were being used in flashlights and were much better at that. I beleive that Arc was the first site that I came accross and the forums was where I learned the bulk of my knowledge.

paulr

Flashaholic

I bought an Arc AAA because I'd previously had a Mag Solitaire and while the Solitaire was nice in some ways, it was unreliable and inefficient. I saw the Arc as being a Solitaire with the problems fixed and it's great, it works exactly like that. I resisted buying an LS, but later I bought one as a gift for my mom, and I liked it enough that I bought one for myself too. My mom on the other hand didn't like the LS (the Kroll switch was too hard to operate) so I got her a different light instead and her LS ended up on BST. I still have my LS.

E

EchoSierraTwo

[ QUOTE ]
Sigman said:
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLLL!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

outlaw918692000

Newly Enlightened

I found the ARC LS and ARC aaa while browsing surefire beam shots (I was a maj. SF fan) and both were exactly what I had really been looking for. the rest is history. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif

MarshalMoroni

Newly Enlightened

My story is much like the others. Started looking for a small bright flashlight. Was referred to the Arc website, read reviews, saw all the beamshots, Got so excited, I couldn't stand it. Wife was out of town and couldn't stop me or talk me down, so I ordered a LS second. Got a LSH-S, am so impressed now I got to have a LS4 (EDC or whatever it gets named), just can't quite figure out how to work it into the budget yet. But trust me I will.

Marshal Moroni

KDC

Newly Enlightened
Re: What was it about the Arc *.* that you want

My criterion for over 25 years has been that a good EDC light
should be able to withstand being dropped from shoulder high
onto a steel or concrete floor with only minimal cosmetic damage
and certainly zero functional damage. It should work perfectly
after such a drop, with at least 99% probability. So far, only
the Arc AAA and LS have been able to meet this. No incandescent
light can do this, and other LED lights are not quite rugged
enough; they might survive 30 or 60 drops, but I wouldn't bet
the difference in price on their surviving 100 or more.

gyverpete

Enlightened

I started looking for reviews of the Photon lights of which I already had a few, and to see if there was anything better. Came across Craig's LED MUSEUM. Read about lots of lights. Clicked on link to CPF. Lurked for a couple months. Read alot of posts on many lights, but the LS and AAA intrigued me the most. High regards for these lights and Peter Gransee, whose posts also impressed me. Very impressed indeed, but hesitant to spend $60 on a flashlight, a hybrid "second" at that. Bought it anyway. Worth every penny and more. THE perfect EDC light! Small, tough and very bright white. WOW!
A little while later, I became a CPF member and after that, bought the AAA. Very small, tough, waterproof and bright. It replaced the Photon as my 24/7 carry light. The AAA is my #1 favorite light, LS is a close 2nd.

Looking forward to the LS4!

b2eze

Newly Enlightened

Much the same here. I liked my first second (LSH-P 1393)so much, I bought a second second (LSL-P 250) and a AA battery pack. Darn if I can figure why they were deemed "seconds" The LSH-P is EDC and the LSL-P is my #1 work light. The SF L1 I also got at a bargain doesn't get much use!
Thanks, Peter, for providing 1st rate lights!
B2eze

E

EchoSierraTwo

Everyone keeps harping on the seconds. I am going to have to check'em out.

BlindTiger

Newly Enlightened

I was looking for a small EDC light. Had been keeping a PT Blast in my briefcase. My Photon 3's had a habit of turning on by itself when attached to my keychain.
Came here over a yr ago and looked at the ARC aaa. Back then they were a little over $20. Bought 2 white and one turquoise. Also bought the CMG infinity. Gave those 2 away when I openned the package, it was so dim compared to the ARC.
The ARC is the one I show off the most but people seem to be more impressed with SF's. The blackout really showed how good the ARC is, no one should be without one on their keychain.

js

Flashlight Enthusiast

My brother bought me an Arc AAA-LE and in a rather short span of
time I was hooked. I love that light. I kept looking at the
Arc LS's, but I held off buying one for a long time. Then I lost
my AAA! I was really bummed about it. So I went on-line to
order another and I saw that the LSL-S was on sale for $65!
I couldn't resist. The great thing is that I later found my
AAA under a seat cushion. Next thing I know I joined the
CPF, bought my brother an LSL-S, bought my wife a AAA-S, bought
a 2AA-TSP and also an extra AAA-P (as a gift or as a backup? Not
sure yet). It's bad, I tell you. I'm an addict. HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.