God was listening!!!!!

Chris C

Newly Enlightened
A couple of nights ago one of my LED flashlights completely died. Have been keeping it "nudged" into working for the past year. So it went deep six and is done. I said to myself "God, I sure wish I could find a Coast like I bought many years ago................best light for my purposes of all I've owned.

Today I got out of my truck at a Wally-world and there on the ground was an LED light.............and YES, it was a Coast!!!! Thanks for listening God! Its not the same model as mine though. It's a TP9R and has a battery (ZX850) unlike anything I have. Seems it needs a charging cable. Does it need any special cable or will any charging cable work?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Uses a USB-C Split charging cable.
Easily found. No special proprietary cable needed.
God is good!

Chris C

Newly Enlightened
"God is good"............INDEED!

So my phone charger cable will work?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
If the end of the cable you plug into the light is a USB-C, it should.
Though perhaps there's some sort of reason why Coast uses a split charging cable. You can get one on Coast's official website:
coastportland.com
But chances are Wal-Mart has them too. The cable is less than $5 but no clue how much shipping will be from Coast.

Chris C

Newly Enlightened
Thanks. Mine is a split cable...........but isn't marked "C". It locks into the battery just fine. Just don't want to screw this battery up for not knowing anything about it.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
They do, indeed. Just wish He'd helped me win the lottery! 😆
Cool!!!! Hope it works for you.

Funny, 'cause although I don't recall ever buying a lottery ticket, I was about to comment that if that happened to me, I'd probably buy one the next day (or ASAP)!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The battery is an 18650 with a charge port at the top. Streamlight 18650's will work too. Can also run it on 2 CR123 cells (but not RCR123's, too many volts with those)

The split cable is so you can charge your battery and something else at the same time.

Enjoy,

Ps God is indeed good.

Why has no one commented on the fact that someone else lost their light?

Chris C didn't lose his light' it died. Rather than morn its passing, we're focusing on the fact that Chris C asked God for a new Coast, and that one was provided. Happy ending.

Addendum - Great question, and one that I misread/misunderstood.

iu.jpeg

Last edited: