what was the first led flashlight you owned?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
me it was some yellow light it had 4 AA battery that sat side bye side like in then coke can lights it floated to. i think dorcy made it.ps if any of you know the lights name telll me please .but for now post your first led light

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nuwai
IMG_8857.jpg

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
There were a couple of off the wall coin cell key ring lights, and several Streamlight Nano key ring lights, but I don't count those.

My first real LED flashlight was the original version Streamlight Strion LED. I went straight for the serious stuff when I switched to LED, but then again my job at the time demanded it - something that could replace and surpass my serious incan lights (and was not at all blue) for my work, etc. It still sits here to be grabbed / used, and more often now played with. I wish it had something like a Hobbs meter to tell me total operating hours (and ever better, cycles:)

Last edited:

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the first white l.e.d. flashlight I owned was an L.R.I. Photon II flashlight. Next came the C.C. Trek light and C.C. Expedition light. First l.e.d. headlight was a Princeton Tec Matrix. These all came on the market sometime between 1997 and 2000.

brachypelma44

Newly Enlightened
Zebralight SC52 L2.

Comparing it to the ZL SC700Fd and the Sofirn SP36 BLF I have now, I can see it has a somewhat unpleasant greenish tint. But at the time, when I wasn't comparing it to anything else, I didn't notice and was very pleased to get that kind of light from a single AA battery.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
For me was a 2x aa maglite. I think it was around a 70L version. Rebel 3 if I remember correctly. I was impressed how bright it was compared to the Incan version but was too blue for me so it didn't get much use

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't remember whether it was an LRC Photon first, or a Gansee-era Arc AAA first.
Those Arcs were mind-blowers, at the time. I bought his Arc LE as well, which was amazingly advanced kit for that era (battery tubes for single AA, double AA, or DL123).
I bought my first Surefire P60 in around 1990, and that was also mind-blowing, given what passed for flashlights when I was a kid in the '60s. But it sucked down expensive batteries so fast that it was only usable as a special treat.
Few other things in my seven decades have been as pure examples of progress and improvement as the improvement in flashlights, esp. with the LED revolution.

Jim 1965

Newly Enlightened
My first lights were a 2pack of Keenstone They are 2 18650 zoomies with I think they are stated 1800 lumens but mabey 900. After that I purchased a Thrunite tn40s and thats when the MADDNES started lol lmao.

Attachments

• 20220415_070449.jpg
    20220415_070449.jpg
    297.5 KB · Views: 93

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
me it was some yellow light it had 4 AA battery that sat side bye side like in then coke can lights it floated to. i think dorcy made it.ps if any of you know the lights name telll me please .but for now post your first led light
Fenix P1D.

Still have it, still works. Got it 2007ish.

Chris

ironhorse

Enlightened
2 as mimi maglite. I don't even remember how or where I found the part to convert it to led.

The first genuine led, I don't even know.

The first "good" led, Zebra light H30-Q5.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
My first was a Mini Maglite converted with a Nite Ize 3x 5mm LED drop in. I don't recall if the output was that much better than stock, but the runtime sure was.

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think for a lot of us, our first LED was the little coin-cell squeeze lights.

I remember my P60-size drop in, the G&P 3W. That thing put out some serious bluemens back in the day.
I still have it rolling around in my Surefire parts box.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
great input everyone.ps anyone recal how many lumens the first arc aaa had?