Finally I get to EDC my RRT-0 with the D10 Clip

BIGLOU

Enlightened
I want to apologize to the CPF community for lagging on this one. I just got my RRT-0 body back from my buddy who has a machine shop. I didnt like the stock clip and did not want to use the backing plate that came with the D10 clip. I waited around for JB to come out with a new clip to fit the factory threaded screw holes but it never happened so I got the Nitecore D10 clip. I originally had plans to tap holes on the D10 clip, but my buddy decided to tap screw holes on the RRT-0 tail end instead.
DSC03054.jpg

DSC03069.jpg

DSC03067.jpg

i
DSC03068.jpg

Here it is with some of my accessories: I changed the bezel to a HDS/Novatac/Aleph A19/Aleph 2 bezel I got from 47s for $19 it doesnt screw in all the way so I used the extra JB o-ring to keep dust out (Thanks to CPFer Blindasabat who I got the idea from). Left Top is the JB AA extender/adapter. Bottom Left to Right is a Free Diffuser from an Arrowhead water bottle, SF F06 Blue Tip off Filter, Swarfworks RRT-0 bezel removal tool and the stock JB bezel.
DSC03052.jpg

OCD

Enlightened
Very Nice! :thumbsup:

I had to resort to the factory clip after my D10 clip finally gave up. When I first got it, I was trying to flatten the mounting end of the clip some so it would fit the profile of the light better (it was only contacting the light on the ends by the holes and I didn't want to scratch the light while tightening down the screws). While clamping it, it broke...but it was still functional. :banghead: Long story short, not long after getting it installed, I snagged the clip very hard on something and stripped one of the screws ( I think i may have stripped the backing plate). I eventually replaced the fine thread screws that came with the clip with some with more course threads. These worked good until I managed to snag it again. :ohgeez: My light now has some dings and scratches from edc, do I'm not worried about the factory clip scratching it. I do plan to get another D10 clip and hopefully the next one will last a little longer. :whistle:

I have been eyeing those bezels myself. Just might have to pull the trigger on one!

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice bezel! who makes that??

I miss my RRT-0, I gifted it away to one of my best friends while drunk :D

I never had a problem with the stock clip. I thought it worked well. the D10 clip on my D10 on the other hand, did not. there were a few occasions when i found my D10 on the floor:duh2:, when it was supposed to be clipped in my pocket. usually when getting in and out of vehicles.