Tigerlight !!!

dave

Newly Enlightened
Received my tigerlight yesterday and all I can
Say is WOW!! This light is brighter then %^@# all I have to compare is a Surefire 9AN but that's not even a fight. My friend has a US and it's brighter then US not by a mile but it is brighter and for the charger it's great I heard someone say in here the light is hard to press down and doesn't make good contact well they must be pretty weak or got a defect because my snaps in easy And would stay in good contact in a tornado.

Viper

Newly Enlightened
Ditto.

I suspect my light will be easier to but into the charger once the cradle is mounted to the wall.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i read somewhere that someone copared it to a us, sl-20, sl-35, and mag-charger (at least i think those were the lights) and said it out-distanced everyone but the sl-35!

crap...i really want one!

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
see...just shows how good my memory is
grin.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
not a problem. it is good that you corrected me, the whole point of this forum (well, at least most of it
grin.gif
) is to provide reliable information.

also, i was stating from memory...so your corrections doesn't make me sound too much like an idiot
grin.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
actually... i found it
grin.gif

this was posted by (.)

------------------------------------------------
The Tigerlight is brighter than the Surefire 10X, M6, 12P/ZM, Maglite Magcharger,
Streamlight SL-20 & SL-35. It may not be brighter than the Ultrastinger in it tightest focus.

The Tigerlight will out-'throw' all of of them except the SL-35.
-------------------------------------------------

ok, so i was a little off on the lights being compared...but more or less acurate.

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
yea...Rothrandir and i are still waiting for a review from a member.
grin.gif
It's not that i don't trust Tigerlight's word...it's just that we've been burned a few times on the CPF by some manafacturers that the only real opinions i care for, now, are from actuall members - just because they are less biased.

...But Tigerlight seems to be a VERY reputable company so far. Even if it doesn't out distance the US it will still be on my TO BUY list. I know it's kind of harsh treatment...but a certain company that preceaded Tigerlight kinda ruined the whole company/customer trust deal. ...But this is off topic now.

So who wants to do some comparisons? THe Tigerlight is catching on quick in the CPF boards..YEA!
grin.gif

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I was really hoping both of my TigerLights would have arrived today, but no luck. Maybe tomorrow or Monday. I'm anxious to compare them to my UltraStinger and M6. Sean did report more light output with the TigerLight than with the US, but he didn't report on beam throw.

LEDagent, that was basically the point I was trying to make also, without actually saying it. I deal with vendors everyday and get tired of their false-claims and skewed reports of superiority their products have over the competitors.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
The US may barely out-throw the TL at tightest focus but the TL is easily brighter. Look at how much more surround light you get & how much bigger the hotspot is at ~50'. My TL has no rings in it but the beam is not as "nice" as you may expect since the reflector is smooth. Not a big deal in real life applications though. My charger works great too, no problems with it. Kind of tough to get it in the charger but it works fine.
wink.gif

tluscomp.jpg

More Tigerlight pics here.

SuRgE

Enlightened
Nice beam shots Sean. I just got a US last week and love it, but, Now I gotta have a Tigerlight also.

Can you post more beam shots perhaps against the M6?

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got mine too, very bright. Brighter than my Ultrastinger with more spill light too. The beam isn't as pretty as the Ultrastinger with the textured reflector but this is only noticeable if you do the standard CPF shine the light at a white wall test.
wink.gif
No rings in the beam either.

I like the short profile.

TigerLight Pro

Newly Enlightened
Nas Car- I agree you can't trust them &%^%^* dealers. I know one in particular....no names...for those of you tha have seen our web page with our demonstrations.....notice that on prime time advertising a large manufacturer....unnamed....is ripping off our durability testing.

Some companies cant develop new products or innovative commercials. TigeLight is always glad to help our competition improve. It gives me something to do in the shop coming up with the next thing they will not be able to beat.....Thanks for the input. I have already taken some of the suggestions that I have found here.

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">No...it's not that i didn't like the review, in fact, your review is what peaked my interest in the TIgerlight. Your review however didn't state if the Tigerlight can out throw the Ultrastinger. But, other than that, i enjoyed your review.
smile.gif
LOTS of pictures!

Sean, i see that you finally purchased the Tigerlight and compared it to your US. COOL Pictures! So the Tigerlight is proabably on par with the US. MAN...now i want both!

SuRgE

Enlightened
Ledagent,

Its looks to be over par with the US. I have the US and now I'm trying to order my Tigerlight from Tactical Warehouse.