SL TL-2 or Arc LS 2nd......

justjim

Newly Enlightened
Greetings All,

I currently own several different led lights (PT Attitude/Aurora, Arc AAA) and was thinking about getting something with a little more throw. I want to keep the price below $60, so I was thinking about either the SL TL-2 ($60) or an Arc LS 2nd ($50). I know the Arc uses a single 123 Battery as opposed to two for the TL-2, so the LS is smaller, but has shorter run-time. I believe both use a 1W Luxeon led. Are there any other significant differences? And just to throw another variable into this mix, what advantages do these two lights have over the SL TT L2 (led/xenon combo) which only costs $30? Thanks!

-jim

jtice

Flashaholic
I can answer the last part.

The Arc LS and TL-2 will have much better runtime than the TT-L2. The L2 was ment for short runtime brightness, with the addition of low light output leds with long runtime.

If you are looking for a light mainly for throw, I wouldnt go with the L2... while it may throw very well,,, it wont last as long as the others.

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wellllllll, kinda; I find I use the 3 LED function the vast majority of the time with the TT-L2. This effectively gives it enormous run time.

If you really need the throw all the time, the one watt Luxeons will be better, but will not match the TT run time as I use it.

The TT 2L will do over 20 hrs. use with the 3 LEDs, over two hrs. with the Xenon.

The simple answer here is : at these prices get more than one. One TT 2L, and a TL-2 LED about equal the cost of one ARC LS, with twice the run time with the Lux.