Now we'll see what all the fuss is about!

gadgetnut

Enlightened
Now we\'ll see what all the fuss is about!

I just placed an order for my first "good" flashlight. After much debate and comparison, I ordered a Streamlight TwinTask 2L. (Oh yeah, I also ordered a box of Surefire 123's AND a Luminox Marine Stainless watch!) This place is gonna get me in a LOT of trouble. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Anyhow, I can't wait to get the TT 2L and see what all the fuss is about. I hope I like it as much as some of you on here seem to like yours.

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Now we\'ll see what all the fuss is about!

please post your impressions!

i am also looking at the tt 2l, and the TL-2 1w luxeon model. i fear the TL-2 might have a beam which is too tight for my tastes.

Bob

charliek

Enlightened

My Streamlight twintask 3AA should be here Thursday
If it's good- I'll join you with the 2L /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast

You're going to LOVE the blasted things !! I have all the above mentioned lights, and they are the best price/quality/brightness/run time lights you can buy.

I own a bunch of high priced SF, and others, particularly the high intensity 2L/3L Xenons. Unless I think I am going to get in to a "tactical" situation, I don't use them much anymore.

My Ultrastinger, 6P, 9P, all sit virtually unused.....

A year or so from now, (maybe less), we'll see the dual purpose "Twin Task" lights, not necessarily SL, with a useable dual switch arrangement; happy times.

A year ago, I thought a four "D" Maglite was OK.

I gave them to my step-son. He thinks they are great.

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
pedalinbob said:i am also looking at the tt 2l, and the TL-2 1w luxeon model. i fear the TL-2 might have a beam which is too tight for my tastes.Bob

[/ QUOTE ]IIRC, that Luxeon TL-2 is focusable /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

1581zebra

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
pedalinbob said:
please post your impressions!

i am also looking at the tt 2l, and the TL-2 1w luxeon model. i fear the TL-2 might have a beam which is too tight for my tastes.

Bob

[/ QUOTE ]

you can adjust the beam

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic

I think you are gonna LIKE the TT 2L.

I just took mine outside in the side yard where I just tested a G2, LX, and PM6.

With the LEDs, and in a near absence of light, I could see the back fence some 45 feet away. A 55 Gallon drum at about 15 feet was lit up well. I would say it's great out to about 25 feet, and in pitch dark 50 feet easy.

The Xenon isn't as bright as the aformentioned lights, but doesn't give TOO much away to my G2/P60 out at that 45 feet or so. It (G2) is certainly much brighter (better spot actually) at about 10-12 feet. And the batts in my TT2L aren't exactly fresh (maybe nearly an hour of LED, 20-25 minutes of Xenon).

CharlieK, the 3AA isn't at all bad. But it does give SOME away to the 2L. Look at my thread "general mini review of SL twin tasks" in reviews for beam shots and comparison pic. The bonus is that it does use cheaper batts!

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast

ok!

i guess im gettin' BOTH!

gettin' out the credit card...brightguy is close to me...gotta get some surefire 123's...

oh. boy--my first 123 lights!!!

Bob

gadgetnut

Enlightened

I'll be happy to post my impressions of the TT 2L after it arrives. Heck, I'd even post digital pictures if I had a way to host them.

gadgetnut

Enlightened

NNNOOOO!!!!! I just got an email that they are out of the titanium 2L's! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif They offered to send me a black one, but I'd really rather have it in titanium. I'm waiting to hear how long the backorder will be. If it's too long, I'll have to cancel and order from somewhere else.