just did it

Status
Not open for further replies.

sc1276

Newly Enlightened
well after about a week and a half's deliberation, i've ordered some flashlights. not sure what my girlfriend is going to say though. mind i did get a spare aaa, though she's got a streamlight cliplight. hmm. oh well. time will tell. can't wait for them to arrive, hope that they are a good as is said! it hasn't come up with a time on the track form thing yet, but with luck i'll get them quite quickly.
nice to be one of the in crowd! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
sc1276,

Congratulations, and welcome to CPF.

Glad you did it. I always feel better after an order. What specifically did you order? I trust you'll share your impressions after they arrive.

Paul

sslavers

Newly Enlightened
you cant go wrong. i already have 3 LS's and might not be able to wait until the LS4 comes. best purchase i have made in quite some time. ENJOY!!!!!!!

BlindTiger

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered one of the LS seconds.
Thanks to everyone for their recommendation on the LS vs an Inova.

sc1276

Newly Enlightened
order is still on hold /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

BlindTiger

Newly Enlightened
Recieved mine this morning.
it's a first run #2289. I'm quite impressed with the beam.
white center hot spot with a yellowish/greenish spill. Nice flood pattern.
since this is one of the orig ls, mine doesn't have the foam gasket surrounding the positive contact. should it be like this?
other than that I'm happy.

sc1276

Newly Enlightened
mine is at birmingham "on fedex...for delivery" just waiting for the enivitable now! had a small problem, as i used my work address which is a university, they held the shipment at the bonded warehouse, and asked the finance ppl at the dept for their VAT exemption cert. i had to ring them to say that it was a personal order!! doh should have thought about thatone before!!
sc

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
BlindTiger said:
Recieved mine this morning.
it's a first run #2289. I'm quite impressed with the beam.
white center hot spot with a yellowish/greenish spill. Nice flood pattern.
since this is one of the orig ls, mine doesn't have the foam gasket surrounding the positive contact. should it be like this?
other than that I'm happy.

[/ QUOTE ]
A 1st run? I though they were out of those. My LS 2nd should be here the 12th. I hoping for an LSH-P /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

BlindTiger

Newly Enlightened
I was also hoping for a newer version. But other than a nick on the bezel and a sploch on the knurling it's fine.
Doesn't look like there is anything wrong with the beam pattern. Took one of my dead 123's from a SF and it lasted around 20 mins, about 5 of which was at full brightness.

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recieved mine. The light came from ARC with the head ( the luxeon and electronics) unsealed. it looks like this was a first run 1st that had some problem and was repaired. However it wasn't sealed with locktite or what ever they use. The head sticks out of the body shroud about 3 centimeters. It came with a tsp switch and my ARC twisty battery pack won't work with the light. No button contact or foam ring on the flat contact. Also the flat contact is allready taking a beating just from taking the battery holder off a couple of times.

It's got a pretty good white luxeon I just don't know if I should keep it being that it is not sealed.

BlindTiger

Newly Enlightened
Wolfen, yours sounds like mine.
You mean you can unscrew the bezel? I can't do that with mine, of course, it has the gap between the head and body but I think that's normal with the First Runs.
What about your lens? They say the Seconds has a scratch. Mine is smooth and looks like the lens found in many reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.