Surefire A2L Input Range and Tailcap Question

Blueberry556

Newly Enlightened
I apologize if this has been addressed, but I'm not having much luck searching for answers. I was wondering a couple things about A2/A2L Aviators:

1. Is the input range of the A2L the same as the original A2, i.e. 4.5v-6v? I see many threads about original A2s and problems with rechargeables, but I'm not finding any specifically about the A2L.

2. If it does work on 3v, would I be able to just swap heads with an LX1?

3. If not, has anyone made or does anyone make a body compatible with the A2/L1/L2 tailcap? Alternatively, would an A2L head work with a 2-stage E-Series tailcap on any E Series body? And if so, where would I find a 2-stage E-Series tailcap?

I ask because I would like a shorter body for my A2L, but the head would have to take either 3v 1x123 input or whatever voltage range is available in 18500 AND someone would have to either make a body compatible with an A2/L1/L2 tailcap or I'd have to buy an E-compatible 2-stage to go with my E1L body or a 1x18500 body. I'd prefer to go with a 2-stage tailcap on my E1L body and my A2L head with a 123 primary or 1xRCR123...