EDC and Personal Safety

Z

z_JayMark

Hello All, Off the bat, Im a newbie and this is my first post. I figured Id just jump in with some questions I have, and would appreciate any feedback youd have along the way in helping me make some first time purchases. Im a father of two daughters, now on their own. Ive talked to them about being aware of their surroundings when they are out alone, expecially at night, that sort of thing. Still, both face dimly lit streets and darkened parking lots and exterior stairs. I try not to think of scary scenarios but Id like to do more for them and began thinking of different flashlights that they could carry. After first considering what are more defensive lights, like the Surefire 2DE, I am leaning at the moment toward small AA lights that could be worn on a lanyard or key ring, lights in other words that they would more likely have on their person and use, though perhaps not for much more than lighting their way and showing any ill-wisher that they are aware of whats going on. One nice thing about this latter route is that there are several attractive premium models, in SS and Ti for example, that just plain look nice, though heavier and more costly. I guess Id appreciate your responses as to what you would recommend for lights or any experience youd want to share about, I guess broadly speaking, personal saftey and EDCs. Thanks. Great forum by the way.