Xenon bulbs for a 5 & 6 D-cell mags?

GeorgeB

Newly Enlightened
I have looked on the sears web site with no luck, and Carley lamps site, but I read on the board that there is a $50.00 minimum order and I only want two bulbs to try out.
confused.gif

If anyone has any mods that they would recommend I would appreciate it.
grin.gif

Thanks in advance for any help,
George

Eric S

Newly Enlightened
Put the bulbs from the 5 cell in the 6D Mag and goto Radio Shack in get a HPR50 5.2v halogen and put in the 5D Mag.

Both light should be brighter an whiter than an xenon bulb. I think the 5D may outshine the 6D Mag

Eric

GeorgeB

Newly Enlightened
I did the 5-cell bulb to 6-cell light swap, man that is nice!!!!! I can't wait till Radio Shack opens tomorrow so I can try the halogen bulb!

Thanks Eric S

While I am there I will pick up 3D and 4C bulbs also.

Thanks 2dogs

Monsters_Inc

Banned
Just a note of caution: don't be over ambitious and try a 4cell bulb in a 6 cell light. It don't work (for long), I know from experience!
wink.gif

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I found and have used 2cell and 3cell Zenon Star bulbs from Mag. Last time I was at the place I found them they were slap out of 3cells (and there were a couple dozen maybe a week ago!).

Not overdriven (Zenons HATE overdrive!) the 3cell bulb in my 3D Mag has a tighter whiter hot spot than my Stinger HP can make!

See "subjective thoughts on my Stinger HP" thread for more.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I found and have used 2cell and 3cell Zenon Star bulbs from Mag. Last time I was at the place I found them they were slap out of 3cells (and there were a couple dozen maybe a week ago!).

I have not seen or heard of 4,5, or 6 cell Zenon Stars.

For a brief shining moment 6C cells driving a KPR113 was brighter than ALL!

Not overdriven (Zenons HATE overdrive!) the 3cell bulb in my 3D Mag has a tighter whiter hot spot than my Stinger HP can make! The 2cell bulb in my 2D Mag is bright but needs work to center up.

See "subjective thoughts on my Stinger HP" thread for more.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
tx, I got then at the Home Depot store on I-45S at Beltway 8. They still had 2cell ones a couple days ago, but no more 3cells. I looked at the HD and Lowes at Gulfgate and found none. I saw some 2cell ones I think at Sears Hardware... but don't quote me on that!

If I get up that way, the 24hr HD on the North Loop near Sheperd is where I'm gonna look next!

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've checked a couple of HD's, but haven't found any yet. Thought I'ld get one from Brightguy when he got my holster in thats been on order about a month, but he doesn't list them either. TX

cntrline

Newly Enlightened
"I have not seen or heard of 4,5, or 6 cell Zenon Stars."
Carley has them from 2 to 7 cell, check the link above. Good stuff.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
cntrline-

Maybe it's too early in the morning. I can't figure out how to make a purchase. Can you help?

Thanks

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Icebreak,

If your referring to the Carley website, I don't think they have an online ordering system (at least I couldn't find one
smile.gif
)

Here are Carley's contact details:

1502 W. 228th Street
Torrance, CA 90501
Tele 310.325.8474
Fax 310.534.2912

Or Email:

[email protected]

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I'm pretty sure txwest and I are talking about Houston brick and mortar stores.

I feel fortunate to have found the Zenon Stars I did!

You would think the a city the size of Houston would have ANYTHING your little heart desires. Sure, I haven't been to every store in town... but it sure seems like I have to mail order a lot of stuff if it's what I want.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Joe,
You know HD has an online store. I ordered a sprayer one time & their shipping cost was very reasonable. I'll check it out & let you know. TX
Edit:
Just checked. No Xenon; nothing above a 4D listed except the Dewalt bulbs. I also checked Lowe's. No bulbs listed at all & I've never seen any in the store.

cntrline

Newly Enlightened
To order from Carley just call, unfortunately its not toll free, but they were good to deal with, they do charge 2% for using a card which is about what it costs them. Couldn't find xenon around here either.
Tele 310.325.8474