HDS Clicky programming woes

shooter mcgavin

Newly Enlightened
hey all got my clicky in the mail the other day and have been steadily trying to figure out this programming business. i hate to resort to asking for help but im just not getting it done. basically, i cant get past the beginning where you are supposed to reset the flashlight then do the 20 click press and hold. i get mixed results each time. sometimes during the 20 clicks my flashlight goes off and on and i get to 20 or past it and nothing. cant get past it. or sometimes the light will be completely off during the 20 clicks, then i try and press and hold and nothing again. im doing something wrong but not sure what. is it click press and hold 20 times or click 20 times then press and hold? ive done both and im not getting anywhere. your thoughts? essentially all i want is to have it on a low maybe 2 lumen mode when i first turn it on, then have a 25, 50, 100, 140 setting. :banghead:

shooter mcgavin

Newly Enlightened
hey guys i decided to revisit my old thread and try to customize the light again. i kinda forgot about it for a while. i remember there were some replies to this message but somehow they vanished. anyway i still cant get the dang light into customization mode so that i can input the settings in my first post. any helps or tips would be appreciated. it cant be this hard lol.

mrlysle

Enlightened
No, it really isn't bro. Do you still have the little manual that came with it? If not, first you have to do a "reset". Remove the battery, and wait at least a minute. Then re-insert the battery, and when the light goes through its "cell check", (basically just checking to see what it's been fed, etc, a 123 primary, or a 4.2v rechargeable) it will come on somewhat a medium brightness level for about 7 seconds, and then go off. Here's the fun part. As SOON as it goes off, start clicking like crazy! The manual says a 20 click, press and hold but it's just not necessary to "count". Just click,click,click,click, again and again, until you don't see the light turning off after every other click, like it normally would. In other words, after you've got those 20 clicks done, you'll notice the light is staying on. As soon as you see the light is now staying on, click in and "hold" it for a sec, and then the light will turn off by itself, and you WILL be in "programming mode". After that, just follow the instructions in the manual to change the settings you want. And remember, when the light is "on", doesn't matter what level it is, a triple click followed by a press and hold, will put you into the "options" menu, where you can change things like "auto off", "momentary" "locator flash" etc. It will cycle through the 6 options, one after another, with every click. Once your in the option you want, just press and "hold" the button, until you see the "dim to bright" or the "bright to dim" sequence, which is telling you you are "enabling" (dim to bright), or you are disabling (bright to dim) a feature. If you don't enable or disable a feature within 10 seconds of it being activated, the light will blink 5 times, telling you "nothing has been changed yet". Good luck, you'll get it!

Belstaff1464

Enlightened
Most of the problems people have regarding to programming is usually because they don't fully screw the light together when they do the reset, or they click too quickly or too slowly, or they pause after the 20 clicks before they do the press hold. IIRC, you have about 15 seconds after the light comes on dimly and then switches off to indicate the reset to start the 20 click sequence. That is, you don't have to complete the 20 clicks within the 15seconds. You simply have to do the first click within the 15 seconds. That gives you plenty of time to fully screw the light together.

Good luck.