Reflector on a PT Surge

X-CalBR8

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just happened to notice something interesting. On some web sites, the picture of the Surge shows it to have a dimpled reflector and on others, it shows it to have a smooth reflector, but on no site does it mention which one you will be getting when you order one. Do any of you happen to have both reflectors so that you can compare them to see which is best? Anyone care to do some beam shots for us? I think it would benefit us all to better know what we are buying beforehand. I wonder if PT would be willing to sell just the reflectors to the public so that if we have one type of reflector, we could also buy the other type to see which we like the best. Does anyone happen to know how Pinceton Tec is on such request?

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
For your info, the PT Surge has only 1 type of reflector. The dimpled one. Some web site show it as smooth probably because their jpeg quality are set to low and hence you can't see much details.

Monsters_Inc

Banned
Nah, it's not the low qual JPEGs, I've seen pics of the PT Surge with smooth reflector, it's clearly shown as smooth & shiny. But rest assured, the Surge only sold with dimpled reflector.

What gets me is that some vendors says it's wide focus, others say it's narrow focus, some say it's adjustable - but I wouldn't wanna be adjusting the bezel for the beam during its intended use (underwater). (PS: my example is wide beamed when bezel is screwed in fully)

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've never heard of one with a smooth reflector. Maybe it was a prototype, and they switched to faceted reflectors for production.

As far as beam width is concerned, it's a little wide at tightest focus, but not that wide. It's adjustable via unscrewing the bezel.