Which of these throwers should I buy?

Z

z_psdx

I am interested in a 1x18650 thrower and have been reading about the following in no particular order: Raptor RRT-1 R2, Tiablo A10-G, Ray X60, Maelstrom G5, and Solarforce Masterpiece Pro 1 (head). I have an EagleTac P20a2 that has the XR-E R2 emitter and the Lumintop TD-15X with the XM-L T6 emitter. The P20a2 has a nice tight beam but not a lot of power, and the TD-15X has a lot of power but not a nice tight beam. Based on my limited experience and on what Ive read I assume (given the same batteries reflector) that the XR-E R2 is the best/brightest emitter for throw. If thats not accurate, please correct me.

My short list of pros are:

X60 - $59 price now w/shipping

RRT-1 - $99 now, looks cool, nice UI, well respected as a good thrower

Maelstrom G5 - $85 w/shipping, decent thrower (UI not for everybody)

Tiablo A10-G - very well respected as a thrower (getting max output requires single mode switch)

Masterpiece Pro-1 - $75 now w/shipping and very well respected as a thrower

Looking at the specs from the published reviews, it would appear that the A10-G is the best thrower in the 1x18650 class with 35,530 lux. But while I did not find a official lux @ 1 meter calculation for the Masterpiece Pro-1, I did see several references to an un-official number of somewhere around 50k lux (might be this level with 2x18650 though).

I think I have it narrowed down to the A10-G and the Pro-1, with the Pro-1 being much less expensive. The manufacturer's claim for runtime of 3.5 hours @ 1A for the Tiablo A10-G is suspect to me (where did that come from???). But the lux @ 1 meter looks pretty compelling. It's rated at 260 lumens (same as the X60) but the X60 doesn't appear to be competitive. And the Pro-1 is rated at 200 and 275 lumens with 1x18650 and 2x18650 respectively. So maybe the Pro-1 can't throw as well in the 1x18650 configuration as the A10-G? Last thought about these two - I like the modularity of the Solarforce set-up but can't understand for the life of me why they extol the virtues of the L2P with the HA III finish, but 6 months after the L2P rollout they still can't provide a cell extender to match the improved finish.

So to boil this all down my questions are:
  1. Am I focused in on the right emitter (XR-E R2) for the 1x18650 class or is there something better out there?
  2. If this is the current best emitter, is there another light I should consider?
  3. What's the best thrower for me?