Quick and Easy 4D Mods?

Z

z_regency

What is something i could do to a 4D or 4C that will use alkaline batteries and give more output?

Could i use a new xenon 3 cell bulb or would that most likely instaflash?

Current lights:

4D stock, has a black spot regardless of focus.

4C has nite ize 1W led upgrade worthless

Havenot

Newly Enlightened
the terralux tle-6exb works well nice beam its the 2-3 cell bulb overdriven in a 3d mag by 4c battries almost double the briteness from 2 to 4 cells throw a glass lens in you got a nice lite for under 25 bucks

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
the terralux tle-6exb works well nice beam its the 2-3 cell bulb overdriven in a 3d mag by 4c battries almost double the briteness from 2 to 4 cells throw a glass lens in you got a nice lite for under 25 bucks
:confused: I did't know terralux tle-6exb is an incand bulb. :confused:

Havenot

Newly Enlightened
:confused: I did't know terralux tle-6exb is an incand bulb. :confused:

Just used the term overdrive for lack of better word for using greater voltage than stated on package still a noob still getting the lingo down getting a little wiser everyday with the wealth of knowledge here at cpf

swampgator

Enlightened
Just used the term overdrive for lack of better word for using greater voltage than stated on package still a noob still getting the lingo down getting a little wiser everyday with the wealth of knowledge here at cpf

He's referring to the fact that's LED and this an incand forum.

To the OP:
If it's a Mag deanodize the tail cap on the "D" cell and stuff in 5 akalines and run a 4.8V bulb for a little overdrive.