HDS Systems EDC #14

Status
Not open for further replies.

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, a recap of the last thread (#12):

(See HDS EDC Thread #13 here)

-We were able to see the results of Overready cera-coating a few Clicky's.

-Early in November, we began worrying about the availability of High CRI models.

-There were a few cases where the new bezel-down clip offered by HDS did not fit into the tailcap slot properly, and were able to spin freely.

-A few member noticed that their burst modes ran for longer than the stated 10 seconds. And so ensued a rash of testing by every other owner (lol).

-There was some speculation as to a new emitter choice in the (suspected) next generation Clicky's.

-On page 20, of thread #12, there were some wonderful micro shots of the bezel/reflector assembly disassembled, detailing the construction and O-rings.

-By November 30th, several models were out of stock on the Ra and HDS websites; some other distributors still had models on stock.

-Speculation begins anew about a new model being released when Henry is finally out of stock with his current products.

- On the 16th of December, Harry999 pointed out that the Ra/HDS websites had the 2xAA battery compartments, but that the order button was not activated yet.

-The updated Clicky's became available, as did the new Rotary model.

-The Rotary model is confirmed for the XP-G LED.

Please let me know if I missed anything else.

-----------------------------------------------------------

As per Henry's usual opening post, let's keep the discussion clean and friendly.

All,

This thread is to discuss the technical aspects of the HDS Systems EDC flashlights. That includes such topics as the user interface, beam pattern, differences between models, runtime, features, survivability and such. Please stay on topic.

There are many historic threads with a lot of detailed information - use the search function.

----------------------

And, guys, let's try and keep the discussion impersonal. You have any problems... Take it to the Underground.

HIDblue

Enlightened
Has anyone gotten their HDS Rotary yet?

Has anyone received their HDS Rotary yet? And if so, what're your thoughts/opinions on it? :wave:

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Has anyone gotten their HDS Rotary yet?

I canceled my order. Not worth the time to wait. It has been over a month now. I am just going to use my money towards other lights. I was completely excited about this light too, and then after a month, that excitement went away. Funny thing is, I was one of the people that helped think of the UI. Such a shame though, it might have been a good light, but this extremely disappointing on Henry's behalf... He lost my business on this one.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast

First off it sure is good to have CPF back and secondly I'm not planning on canceling my order that's a certainty but I sure would like to know when I may get it.

Belstaff1464

Enlightened

This thread should probably be merged with the HDS #14 thread.....

RobME

Newly Enlightened

I canceled my order. Not worth the time to wait. It has been over a month now. I am just going to use my money towards other lights. I was completely excited about this light too, and then after a month, that excitement went away. Funny thing is, I was one of the people that helped think of the UI. Such a shame though, it might have been a good light, but this extremely disappointing on Henry's behalf... He lost my business on this one.

(with respect and some mild sarcasm) Yeah... you should get it from the other guy that's making them. A new HDS light is no big deal right? But seriously, true that expectations for an expedient delivery were high, but that didn't happen for whatever reason.

It's only a shame and a disappointment in your mind. It will still be a good light (when it arrives). Patience is a good thing to learn. Life teaches, my friend... but we all don't learn until we're ready. When your ego (on this one) gets out of the way, you'll be ready too.

woodentsick

Enlightened
CPF! I'm so glad the forums are back on!

Well, I sent Henry an email regarding the expected release date of the HDS High CRI clicky, and this is what I got

Hi,
We will again be offering the High CRI in about 2 months.
Henry.

I can't wait! It's going to be my first HDS! :D

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm also curious about the new UI and how it compares to the previous UI but it does seem to be taking quite a while to get out. I also don't get why the High CRI lights are still out of stock if they're using the same emitter as before. Seems odd.

jtblue

Newly Enlightened
Well, I sent Henry an email regarding the expected release date of the HDS High CRI clicky, and this is what I got

Hi,
We will again be offering the High CRI in about 2 months.
Henry.

I can't wait! It's going to be my first HDS! :D

Same here, my first HDS is hopefully going to be a High CRI rotary. 2 months seems a little soon for a High CRI model as not many people even have the normal 200lm rotarys yet; lets hope I'm wrong and that they hit the shelves with minimal delay.

mfrey

Enlightened
Has anyone heard any updates about shipment of the rotary? The last I heard, Henry was having to adjust the calibration for some reason, further delaying release.

fl0t

Enlightened

I was waiting for CPF to be back up only to check the status on the HDS Rotary.

I feel that if you already waited a month you should wait a little bit more.

rider

Newly Enlightened

Last I heard, Henry was dealing with problems with the calibration system for the lights.

I suppose nearly any other manufacturer would just ship the lights because they were "close enough."

That HDS spends the time getting the calibration right speaks mountains to me...

Status
Not open for further replies.