Quick Release for a AAA on a keychain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarshalMoroni

Newly Enlightened
Well, I couldn't stand it so I'm going to be a double Arc man shortly. EDC an LSH-P, but found there were times when less light would be better. Ordered a Red LED AAA, now how to carry? Lot's of keys on the key ring, so I would like to be able to seperate the light from the keys simply and easily.

So here I am back at the expert well dipping my bucket. Any advice would be gratefully accepted.

Marshal Moroni

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
Definitely the Berkeley Point Stainless Steel Mini-Clip. Or BP SS Mini-Clip for short. A bit expensive, but very worth it. You may find a group buy around here sometimes. Get them here:

BP SS Mini-Clip

S0185-0035_c.jpg

Dan

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use one of these in 3/8 stainless steel .....
Spring Clip which can be found in most any hardware store. I simply clip it to my existing key ring and my Arc-AAA with it's little split ring. I can easily separate the two when necessary and clip the light to something without my keys being attached. And.. I can take my keys and Arc-AAA off and use it to clip my LSH-P to something.

mike

(one more thing. I take my keys and light off and use it to clip my wifes nephews together using their belt loops. I use the loops that are behind them....sure is funny watching them trying to get loose.)

DaveT

Enlightened
I second logicnerd's vote for the BP mini clip - after seeing several people recommend them in other threads, I've put them on all my Arc AAAs. One word of advice (after almost splitting my thumbnail) - take the split ring off the Arc first, then put it on the BP clip, then put the ring back onto the Arc - it's tough to open the split ring enough to fit.
EDIT: PaulR, you're exactly right - I ended up using a pair of very fine needlenose pliers - it was still a struggle to get the rings on. Atomic - I'll have to look for one of those (although I've already done most of the split ring work I plan to do).
Dave

paulr

Flashaholic
There was no way I could put mine on with a thumbnail. I ended up doing with with a pliers and a pocketknife, or something like that. It will be equally difficult to remove, if I ever want to do that. But it's great having it there.

Atomic6

Flashlight Enthusiast
xuron-1.jpg

I have noticed quite a few images here on CPF with split rings that shows signs of having been tortured. There is a nifty tool called a Split Ring Plier that makes it painless and easy to install them correctly. You can find them at most good tackle stores FYI. I have a pair and it makes a big difference. Hope this helps....
A-6

Status
Not open for further replies.