ARC AAA moon mode question

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigred

Newly Enlightened
Hi. I have a question regarding moon mode on the AAA. Will the light flicker and suddenly drop into moon mode or will it gradually get dimmer? I have been running a Duracell Ultra in my AAA for 6 1/2 hours and haven't noticed a noticeable drop in output. I'm waiting for it to drop into moon mode, but it doesn't seem to want to do it for me. Any input guys?

BarryNYC

Newly Enlightened
I, personally, cannot answer your question, but if you check out this earlier thread, click here , you'll see that it's not uncommon for the AAA to run close to 10 hours before going into moon mode. Keep watching, and let us know your results.

-barry

paulr

Flashaholic
I never noticed the exact transition to moon mode but it's fairly abrupt. I don't know if there's flicker.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it's a bit of a stretch of advertising to call it moon mode considering how very dim it becomes when finally slipping out of regulation but it's a far cry from CMG claiming ten hours bright time with the Sonic.

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
In my experience, the light flickers and suddenly drops into moon mode. It has only ever happened to me once. I am in the habit of changing my AAA battery every month in order to safeguard against leakage and to ensure that I've always got at least a couple hours of sun mode light in my Arc AAA, but it did happen to me once after I first got my Arc and, yes, it was abrupt.

georget98

Enlightened
Mine does it gradually. I know it's in moon mode when can look into it without getting a sore eyeball and a spot in my vision for the next few minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.