ROp comparable LED light, need suggestions

saeckereier

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys,

I finally finished building my first ROP (2x IMR 18650 + ROP HOLA). My LED lights now all seem disappointing (E1B, Quark Mini CR123A Ti, Fenix E21, several other cheap lights.) so I need to buy me a pretty bright LED based light hopefully exceeding my ROPs 20 min runtime. I have been considering the Fenix TK35 as it seems to fit the bill, but I wanted to ask for some suggestions first.

I would definitely like a clicky, as that's what I am accustomed to and I also would like ROP-Hi-comparable brightness. From what I read that should be in the 700 OTF lumens ballpark, correct me if I am wrong. I think the TK35 excells because of the double button design, making it very easy to control, for a flashaholic that is. I've seen the XM-L eagleteacs and dislike the rotating switch, if I understood correctly, you have to turn the selector ring to switch it on. I prefer using a clicky to switch it on and off. For selecting the brightness I'd like the separate button of the TK35 or a selector ring. But switching on and off should be a clicky.

As far as battery choices are concerned, I am phasing out all my LiCo batteies due to the inherent safety risks and switching to LiMn chemistry. Basically the light should run on 18650 LiMns, any LiMn size available by AW, AA eneloops or CR123As listed in order of preference. The beam pattern should be artifact free. I guess at 600+ lumens it doesn't make that big of a difference whether it's floody or a thrower. Can I expect the same wow effect as a rop with a 600+ lumens LED?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions made. Price range should not exceed 150 USD by much..