Nano Light Mod

Z

z_Boozeralex

I've had a streamlight nano light for about 2 years now, ever since I got it it has been on my keychain. It has been a great light for the size, im also very supprised that it has held up to the abuse of being on my keychain. The only problem that I have had with this light is the lack of a reflector, instead the area surrounding the light is painted black.

So the other day I got an idea that I should try and fix this, so I removed the components from the head, which I did by using the eraser end of a pencil and just pushing on the led until it fell out of the bottom. I then proceeded to grind the paint off using a dremel with a sherical cutting wheel.

Here is a before and after picture.

nanolight.jpg
nanolight.jpg

I would still like to polish the metal a little better but am not sure how to go about that, I was wondering if anyone might have any ideas.

This mod has slightly improved the brightness of the light, but not as much as I was hopping for, which is why I would like to polish it to a mirror shine if that is possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

gunsby_blazen

Newly Enlightened
old thread.... but i am new here

hmm, i would get some polishing compound and a buffing tip, i think they got a pointy one (i have used one on polishing metal parts on handguns), for the Dremel
polish that up and then (its not ideal but it might work, get some chrome type paint (spray or otherwise), mask it off and paint it in there..
one example is krylon metallic paint... or maybe rustolium...

i imagine you want to keep it on the cheap...

you could actually chrome it but its just a keychain light....

thats the crappy idea i had.... first thing that came to mind...:naughty:

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL, OP has a join date of "Dec 1969"

That's not possible, I am pretty sure CPF did not exist back then.

Polishing 5mm led reflector doesn't help much, as the 5mm led has built in lens to project most of the light.

Latest posts