New material possibility for high tech flashlight

Atomic6

Flashlight Enthusiast
Even if they ran a CPF Special @ 20% off, $500.00 gram retail is still a fairly steep price to pay for a resin filler. That amounts to $227,000.00 per LB./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif.

The most thermally and electrically conducive carbon fiber structural materials, which are not all that strong due to brittleness, cost around $5,000.00 per LB. Even these are too pricey for use in components on most commercial products like flashlights.

Nano technology is awesome though, and I like to follow it; having played with nano materials a little here and there. The mind reels! Nano tubes occur infrequently & naturally in cumbustion and are contained in soot-BTW. So due to the pricing, I am speculating that these Carbon Nano Tubes and Bucky Balls will be reserved for making those expensive toilet seats for the military for quite a long while to come.

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bucky balls would make an awesome mechanical lubricant. As for nanotubes, i find the possible use of them in future display technology very exciting indeed. You could pack an amazing number of pixels per square inch.