jetbeam rrt-3 question -- strange mode?

Z

z_archimedes

When switching to the lowest setting on the mode ring, back to a higher output, then quickly back to low, this usually seems to trigger a very low and very slow strobe. It is maybe 0.5 hertz, from off to perhaps 10 lumens and back.

I was wondering if others have noticed this. Is this a circuitry bug, or an intentional (hidden) feature? I'm not a big fan of strobe modes in general, but such a low and slow strobe doesn't seem like it would be very useful. Maybe could be used as a locator beacon, with low drain for long periods of time, I guess.

I run this light on lithium primaries, CR123 x 6 cells. It's a nice and powerful torch, but wish it were available without any strobe modes.

archimedes

Flashaholic
When switching to the lowest setting on the mode ring, back to a higher output, then quickly back to low, this usually seems to trigger a very low and very slow strobe. It is maybe 0.5 hertz, from off to perhaps 10 lumens and back.

I was wondering if others have noticed this. Is this a circuitry bug, or an intentional (hidden) feature? I'm not a big fan of strobe modes in general, but such a low and slow strobe doesn't seem like it would be very useful. Maybe could be used as a locator beacon, with low drain for long periods of time, I guess.

I run this light on lithium primaries, CR123 x 6 cells. It's a nice and powerful torch, but wish it were available without any strobe modes.

Asked and answered before the crash. It's a hidden beacon feature.

Thanks.