Single 18650 question

Z

z_dondulah

Is there anything better than a Thrunite Scorpion that has a very low mode, like the firefly mode that the Scorpion has? I am looking for a single 18650 light. Thanks!

OfficerSheepDog

Newly Enlightened
I have owned the Fenix TK11 R5 and it has been my favorite light for a very long time. But now in replacement of the Tk11 I am ordering a Thrunite scorpion Im waiting for it to come in. I love the modes, which is something the Tk11 did not have, only a high (255 ansi) and low (54 ansi).

In 2 weeks I should have the light in hopefully, I will do some tests on it like runtime, noise, and as i do with all my lights a Freezer test of -22C (About -5 F)
Ill be happy to answer any question on the light once i receive it, Just email me since i do not check CPF as often as id like. E-mail [email protected]

Regards,
Tim

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
With 550 LED lumens and the really low low this light will be hard to beat. I'm sure others are on the way, but for now Thrunite has the dominant light. I don't own one, but this is the light I'd buy in this class. Another to consider is the EagleTac T20C2 MKII, but it does not have the really low low that the Thrunite has.

Other form factors to consider for a single 18650 light are the Nitecore IFE2, Fenix PD31, and Zebralight SC60.

Last edited:

NaturalMystic

Newly Enlightened
I've got a PD31 coming in the mail. Fenix's website has the following output specs in Lumens:
Low 2, Med 67, High 124, SOS 124, Turbo 304, Strobe 304

NaturalMystic

Newly Enlightened
BTW something seems wrong. The OP's join date shows as Dec 1969 and post count is 0. What's up with that? I'm wondering if this has something to do with the recent crash?

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have another one to add to the list that I'm now more interested in. The Lumintop TD15X with the XM-L emitter. 580 lumens on 1 18650 or 720 lumens with 2 18650 batteries (with 2 extention tubes.) Check it out - ClickHere

At goinggear.com they have a good video that compares the Lumintop TD15X XM-L with the TD15 R5 - ClickHere

bpsealy

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know of a single 18650 that is a thrower and also relatively small? Like pocket size.