Why are so many maglite drop-ins discontinued?

belomeclone

Enlightened
So I am looking for a drop-in for my 2D Maglite which I have running with 6 AA batteries. I want a good one. My car got stuck in the snow near a river a few storms ago, and the flashlight in my car could barely reach the river. When my maglite is complete, it is going in my car, and I would like it to be able to reach the river. The flashlight I was using was a simple CR123 thrower which now I think is only strong enough for up-close affairs.

So I want power. But a lot of the things I've seen are either no longer made, or custom made so they lack prices, and have last updated dates of 2008.

So what am I looking at? The Terralux?

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Search for ROP. Roar of the Pelican. You'll find a little work on your part will bring you a fantastic light! There are plenty of instructions on this site about ROPs. I would take several extra batteries along because such powerful lights are hungry!

funkymonkey1111

Enlightened
i'm sure that its becauseed the smaller setups are still going to beat a ROP or any maglight dropin in performance, yet at a significantly smaller set up.