Quark 123x2 Turbo or Lumapower Trust Model 2???

tonester

Newly Enlightened
looking for a light that runs on two cr123 cells. ive narrowed it down to the Quark 123x2 Turbo and the Lumapower Trust Model 2. i love 4Sevens but the Lumapower is about 15$ cheaper and way more lumens.

anyone have any experience with either of them? if someone has both could you post a picture of them side by side? thanks guys!

CDR_Glock

Newly Enlightened
I have the Quark Ti Turbo123/2.

With 2 programmable settings and 8 functions, it's hard to beat. It was the second light I bought. Its size may be the only downside compared to a solitary 123 battery light. It is versatile enough to be a weapon mounted light.

NutNFancy has a great review.

bedazzLED

Enlightened
Hi tonester.

I have both the Quark and the Trust model-2.

No question, go for the Quark. The Trust model-2 is a nicely made light, everything works fine, but the lumens is GREATLY overstated. I'd be surprised it it was actually half of what is stated. I found it a great disappointment as I purchased it after getting the Trust model-1 and it was fantastic.

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also, these two lights serve different purposes. The Quark Turbo is meant to be a more throwy light. I have one & love it. The trust model 2 appears to be more of floody light with the smaller head; however, the trust model 2 would be better for EDC because of its smaller & slimmer size. My favorite lights to EDC are of that size & smaller. I would not EDC a Quark Turbo as it is slightly too large for my uses.

On another note, 4sevens is about to come out with a new version of the Quark Turbo called the "TurboX 123x2." It has the new XM-L LED in it, and the head has been redesigned to handle the larger LED size - they made the head larger. Check it out - ClickHere

The AA2 Turbo will not be receiving the XM-L emitter; only the TurboX 123x2 will get it. So you may want to hold out for a little longer....although I have no idea how long that will be.