Pre-made Reflectors

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all,

Hope this is in the right section of the forums...

I'm very new to all this and have a post over in another thread somewhere regarding lighting while snowboarding.

After some reading and shopping around I've decided mainly from a cost perspective (though the allure of getting exactly what you need is a big one as well) to make my own system of flood lights.

The LEDs, drivers lenses etc are seemingly easy enough to get hold of - just getting the right one's is tricky for me at the moment - but the though of sticking the lights into some crummy home made doohickey of a reflector & case is unappealing to say the least.

So my question is - where can I buy these enclosure prebuilt, if at all?

An example of what I'm looking for are like these: http://www.litestorm.com.au/xtreme/ls24x.htm

If they can be bought that'd be fantastic, but if not I guess I better get cracking on making my crummy hoohickey :sigh:

Any insight or nudges in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

- Matt

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, I'm confused. Are you looking for reflectors or cases or both? Everything that you are looking for are readily available if you look around, except for the cases. Those are available, too, but probably are not made specifically for lighting purposes. McGizmo reflectors are available at The Sandwich Shoppe and there are numerous optics available from quite a few vendors that sell emitters as well (Cutter, Digikey, etc).

Alternatively, for the cases at least, you can always design one or have someone design one for you and then find a local machine shop that has CNC capabilities machine them for you.

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry for not getting back to you guys sooner - even though I have this set as a watched topic I never got a notification :/

Also apologies for my mixing/incorrect use of terms. I'm new to this and I'm still learning the 'lingo' so to speak! I guess I'm more after the reflector itself - the thingy light bounces off so you have less light leakage from the sides. Is reflector the right word? Or is it emitter?

Cases are not too much of a problem for me at this point in time. I am quite handy so I can whip one of them easily enough.

I'll check out The Sandwich Shoppe - I have NFI what it is but reading always helps ;-) Thanks for the tip!

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the link. They don't seem to have exactly what I'm after but it's close enough to be good enough. I'm exploring the option of just modifying an existing light as I have seen done very often with other peoples projects.

Makes sense!