will any Surefire XM series of pressure switches work on a 6P body?

purelite

Enlightened
Like the title says, will any of the dual XMO series of tailcaps work on a Surefire 6p or C2 style body?

Size15's

Flashaholic
Re: will any Surefire XM0 series of pressure switches work on a 6P body?

Yes. The XMxx TailCap fits and functions on the 'standard-body' models such as the 6P, C2, G2 etc.

It's XMxx rather than "XM0". Where xx is the length in whole inches of the plug-in STxx Remote Tape Pressure Switch, usually it's the XM07 featuring the ST07.
The XM TailCap by itself is "XM00"

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast

The UMxx/U5xx's will work as well, although being disontinued, are a little harder to come by....but they do show up on Flea-Bay rather regularly.

purelite

Enlightened

Thanx Guys!!

Kinda figured Size15 would know!!

Can you tell me if the clicky switch is easy to operate? Smaller than a standard tailcap clikcy? and is it as robust as standard SF clikcies?

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast

The clicky on my XM07 is pretty robust, and feels more solid than the switches on my other SF's. It's also relatively easier to operate.

LE6920

Newly Enlightened

The UMxx/U5xx's will work as well, although being disontinued, are a little harder to come by....but they do show up on Flea-Bay rather regularly.

Is the UMXX/U5XX a constant on/off switch or is it another type of pressure switch like the XM00? Thanks.

Size15's

Flashaholic

The UM00 is simple a TailCap with socket for the plug-in remote switch.
Of course you could get the SRxx rail-grabbing remote switch assembly that features both a momentary tape pressure switch AND a constant-on clickie switch.

AoW will have to explain what he's referring to for the other one

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast

The U505B is a Type II Black (like the standard 6P) tail-cap/tape-switch for the Classic Universal Weaponlights (like the 660). It has 3 cables coming out the back, two that go to a constant on/off rocker switch. The 3rd cable goes to a momentary pressure switch. The rocker switch can be attached via the included velcro kit, while the pressure switch can be attached via a groove found in most modern fore-grips, or it can also be attached via the included velcro as well (great for older weapons with-out modern picatinny rail systems).

Due to these having the same finish as the 6P, these will probably look the best. The UMxx's are Type-III (HA) Natural/OD, and are designed for the Millenium Weaponlights (MH90 Bodys), although they both will work on either or.

It's pictured here on the top left of the picture (the U505B will fit on any of the bodies/adapters pictured here)

Slide2-4.jpg

Get with CPF Member "flip" over in the Market Place...he usually has a good bit of weapon-light parts, and recently had a U505B that didn't sell, if you're interested.

Last edited:

Size15's

Flashaholic

Ah. It's UxxyyB.
With 5" cables it'd be U0505B.

With 6" cables it'd be U0606B.
SureFire.jp has a photo here

It was the lack of the first '0' that had me befuddled. Wasn't sure whether it was an "S" or a "5" on my so-called 'smartphone'.

Of course those Classic switches came with an A21 Universal Housing Body which isn't required when using it on a 6P rather than with an L60 Lamp Module...

Last edited:

Size15's

Flashaholic

To expand further on SureFire's Classic WeaponLight switching options and nomenclature...

"xx" and "yy" are lengths in whole inches of the cable(s) of remote switches.

"U" = Classic Universal Housing [with switching] consisting on an A21 Classic Universal Housing Body and a TailCap with switching of various types.

"00" = no remote switch.

Uxx features a simple momentary on/off tape pressure switch.

UxxT features a rotary 'flag' switch on the TailCap in addition to the remote tape pressure switch. T = Constant-on.

U00T features just a rotary constant-on 'flag' switch.

UxxS features a rotary 'flag' switch on the TailCap in addition to the remote tape pressure switch. S = [System] Disable.

UxxB features a remote on/off "rocker" switch (the rocker type switch has two cables, one for the return).

UxxSB features a disable flag switch and a remote constant-on rocker switch.

Uxxyy features two remote tape pressure switches. Typically this would facilitate momentary activation from the foregrip of a long gun (such as a rifle) or using the 'trigger finger' as the tape switch would be located within easy reach.

UxxyyB features a tape pressure switch (xx cable length) and a remote rocker switch for constant-on (yy cable length).

UxxyyD features a tape pressure switch (xx cable length) and a remote rocker switch for system disable (yy cable length).

Adding "H" to the end indicated the whole thing was waterproof to 30 metres (for example UxxH).

Adding "K" to the end indicated the whole thing was waterproof to 30 metres AND that the switches were stiffened so they wouldn't activate by the water pressure down to 30 metres (for example UxxTK).

Adding "L" after the cable length indicated that the tape pressure switch was 5" rather than the normal 2.5" (for example UxxLyyB).

It's all pretty straightforward really... :duh2:

Last edited:

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast

Anybody know where to get one's paws on a UM tailcap? I've been looking for one for a planned lego for a while now, and they're scarcer than tritium.

I thought that IR laser sights were legally required to use a UM tailcap instead of XM, since the XM let you lock the laser in an eye-unfriendly state without any kind of indication of that state?

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast

Anybody know where to get one's paws on a UM tailcap? I've been looking for one for a planned lego for a while now, and they're scarcer than tritium.

I thought that IR laser sights were legally required to use a UM tailcap instead of XM, since the XM let you lock the laser in an eye-unfriendly state without any kind of indication of that state?

Check E-Bay for UM tail-caps Chronitus....there was one that showed up here about 5 months ago, but I don't think it ever sold...you may be able to search the MP and contact the seller.