iTP A3 EOS XP-G R5 SS w/ AW IMR 10440?

flashflood

Enlightened
What's amazing (and amusing) is that after a few months here, that subject line is perfectly intelligible.

That would be a killer keychain combo. Only problem is that as far as I can tell, nobody actually makes IMR cells in the 10440 format. Anyone know if these are in the pipeline? Or if not, why not?

Thanks gang.

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
~

Is the use of 10440's in ITP A3's officially supported by the sellers of it ?

Or do you risk voiding the warranty if the light dies in a couple months ?

Will sellers accept it for return to be repaired ? What IS it's official warranty period ?

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
As far as I know there are no IMR 10440's, but that is irrelevant, as if you put one in an iTP A3, you'd probly fry it due to the low internal resistance.

Yes, you void the warranty. But if you're careful about it you shouldn't have any problems for a long time.

I think it's a great combo, even if the runtime on high isn't that useful. I definately wouldn't risk it with a stainless steel version though as it would be so hard to tell how hot the led was getting due to the poor heat dissipation of the body.

Gregozedobe

Enlightened
I bought some batteries that were labelled as "IMR 10440" from Vaporflow.com last year, but they no longer list these batteries for sale. A quick google search found shop.nhaler.com who do have them currently listed, as do cloudsofvapor.com.

I ran them in my ITP A3 EOS for a while (being careful not to run for very long on Hi). Didn't seem to do any noticeable damage to my light, but I have since reverted back to eneloops so that I can use Hi for longer periods, plus the light is safe to loan to non-flashaholics.

I thought the best (non-approved for 10440, direct drive on Hi) light was my Maratac AAA Cu. The extra thermal mass of the copper body seemed to soak up the excess heat better than the Alu ITP (but it did stay warm for a lot longer even after the light was switched off).