More e-series triple builds, with copper sung this time!

foxtrot824

Enlightened
This is my 3rd triple e-series build and I think I have finally got this down right. This is an XP-G neutral build with a solid copper sung. It has a standard 3 mode 2.8A driver.

More pictures to come later. I also plan to have a few of these up for sale on the custom BST later this week.

Last edited:

foxtrot824

Enlightened
Re: More e-series triple builds, with copper sung this ttime!

Getting the negative contact in the right spot was more tricky than I expected. This is a photo of the fit test of the snug and driver, it seemed just right

The only issue was that the driver assembly sticks down too far and the negative lip does not make contact with the body of the flashlight.
I will be trimming the next 2 copper snugs so that they fit better.

It would be nice if I could get there boards pre wired in parallel

The final product on an E2e host (I still need to pick up a black HA host)

Last but not least is a very non exciting video of one of the heads being boarded out for any one interested.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4mLAxwWhxQ

Last edited:

Disintergrator66

Newly Enlightened

Very nice. I picked up two NIB E2Ds with thoughts of performing this mod as well. I may use a Lux-RC Labs MPCB triple with intergrated driver to save space. Unfortunately I have too many items on the honey do list right now and god knows when I'll get around to it. Anyway,,, again, nice work and thanks for sharing!

richpalm

Banned
Is there any chance that you'd sell the heatsink alone for us modders with no machining access?

Rich

foxtrot824

Enlightened

Very nice. I picked up two NIB E2Ds with thoughts of performing this mod as well. I may use a Lux-RC Labs MPCB triple with intergrated driver to save space. Unfortunately I have too many items on the honey do list right now and god knows when I'll get around to it. Anyway,,, again, nice work and thanks for sharing!

I have been interested in those boards because of their all in one approach. It would also be nice to be able to run 2 rcr123s to power this little gem. Best of luck getting to the project, these make amazing pocket rockets.

Richpalm,
The copper heatsink requires the head to be board out as well so this isn't a drop in solution, sorry.

foxtrot824

Enlightened

***Update***

After much a testing (and probably one sacrificed driver) I have found the heatsinks to be too long. I have "resized" the snug to fit in either an E1b or an E2e. I would also like to add that the parallel wiring is not as fun as it looks ;-)

This is my custom custom model, It has two 4K neutral emitters and one 6.5K emitter for an over all warmer output with some cool over tones.

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast

Very nice work! I'm impressed. :)

Wilkey