Highest Output Green Emitter

Throwjunkie

Enlightened
Hey folks I'm looking for a green emitter with the best throw and output of light. can be in a flashlight already or P60 drop in but if you know of one on a star that will work also.
Any help would be great.

Joe

Tatjanamagic

Enlightened
Hmm... This is very interesting theme... Not many on CPF about color led emitters...

Anyone knows what is the brightest surface brightness green led emitter? I think that kind of emitters are most welcome in deep reflectors or aspherical flashlights for maximum throw.

I would also like to know what is brightest surface brightness red led emitter?

Saabluster surely knows that :)

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm... This is very interesting theme... Not many on CPF about color led emitters...

Anyone knows what is the brightest surface brightness green led emitter? I think that kind of emitters are most welcome in deep reflectors or aspherical flashlights for maximum throw.

I would also like to know what is brightest surface brightness red led emitter?

Saabluster surely knows that :)

I just finished my first light designed for feral hog hunting which uses a green LED of course. The brightest LEDs as far as surface brightness goes are the Cree XP-C series which is what my DEFT-edc uses. The green version of the DEFT-edc is not on my site yet but if anyone is interested just let me know. I gave the light to my brother-in-law who knows a bunch of hunters that like that sort of thing.

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why Green ?
Human eyes are very sensitive to green. Green is tops for shape recognition. We are not used to green light but it so tickles the eye that for some endeavors it is definitely worth investing some effort. Over time you can actually become more comfortable with green. Full utilization of green lights requires practice and concentration, and of course, having some green lights. :D

I don't know what special reasons hog hunters like green but I can really see well with green. (Blood contrast perhaps?)

Last edited:

MikeAusC

Enlightened
I don't understand why throwing away the ability to see Blue and Red improves vision.

If I look at predominantly green vegetation in green light, EVERYTHING looks green and I lose the ability to differentiate vegetation from anything else.

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't understand why throwing away the ability to see Blue and Red improves vision.
You should look into it. There's lots out there.

If I look at predominantly green vegetation in green light, EVERYTHING looks green and I lose the ability to differentiate vegetation from anything else.
It all depends on what you are looking for in the green. Humans jump right out from the vegetation at you when you have a green light on them under those conditions. Blue works very well for this purpose, also. Seriously.

Hey, the world is a big place and people do funny things with lights...

Tatjanamagic

Enlightened
Because we can see it and the hogs can't. This way you can use it on your gun to spot them and they won't be spooked and run away before you have a chance to pull the trigger.

So Saabluster U say XPC? We talked about that before... I can not find this green emitter on web.

I have one online friend(I don't want to name it) he is good flashlight expert and he claims following:

The best red emitter available with XP-E R2-M3, and Green emitter available with XP-E G3-Q2?

He also mentioned that xre color emitters have "low bin" and therefore above mentioned are better.

I think everybody would be interested in generic P60 color emitters. But I think no one has ever test any of them in a terms of throw on CPF.

Last edited: