4 AA/D adapter

DrSwiger

Newly Enlightened
OK, Im a rookie novice, but I am making a 2D cutdown Mag for my little girl for when she goes to camp. I need a 4AA/D adapter. I found a 3AA and 2AA. Where do I get a 4AA? Also, any suggestions on a bulb or other upgrade to run on the 4AAs?

Thanks to any Pros

Dr Swiger

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
well is your mag of the latest pattern, the one that has a D prefix on the serail number?

if it DOES than it cannot accept 4AA adapters, unless you ream channels for the excess diameter...it only does 3AA...

in any case search fro adapters by "fivemega" and "mdcod" over the custom aprts buy/sell forum...

BUT 1.....you have to tell us what kinda light you expect.....do you wish to use xenon?

then with a 2D you can use an 2x3AA adapter and make a ROP, or Roar of Pelican....there is an indexed/stickied thread for it, but in essence tyou combine 2 different Pelican 6V lamps wiht the MAg

BUT 2.

you are new into the game it seems...I suggest sticking some and following conversations and reviews on 2AA LEd flashlight..you GF may be FAR BATTER served with such modern lights, liek the Fenix Tk20

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am making a 2D cutdown Mag for my little girl for when she goes to camp. I need a 4AA/D adapter. I found a 3AA and 2AA. Where do I get a 4AA? Also, any suggestions on a bulb or other upgrade to run on the 4AAs?

Serial 4AA battery holder is available here but if you are looking for cheaper one, you may find them elsewhere.
However, after cut down and rethread your M*glite, you also need to bore out inside body for proper fit of above 4AA holder.