Why does Zebra's "handheld" lights include a headband?

coachclass

Newly Enlightened
I have H51W, but I was wondering what accessories come with the SC51's. From Zebra's site:
  • One black silicone holder with headband
  • Two o-rings
Huh? Is the headband that comes with the SC51's different than the ones that come with the H51? Or is it the same, and you're just expected to wear the light on the side of your head?

Edit: Anyone found a cheap holster for the H51? Like maybe from dealextreme? I didn't see one that fits.

Last edited:

Rod911

Enlightened
Or is it the same, and you're just expected to wear the light on the side of your head?
This one.

I got a H501w and an SC51w. The only differences I can see are the bigger diameter from the SC51w headband and also ZL branding is missing from the H501w's silicone holder.

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have H51W, but I was wondering what accessories come with the SC51's. From Zebra's site:

Huh? Is the headband that comes with the SC51's different than the ones that come with the H51? Or is it the same, and you're just expected to wear the light on the side of your head?

You can wear the light on the side of the head for looking a few feet or further ahead. This position is not great for stuff like reading, cooking, or any task any arm's length.

For close-up tasks, you can wear it on your forehead.

Last edited:

hazna

Enlightened
I believe the h51 and sc51 come with the same headband. You are meant to wear it on the side of the head. It doesn't work well for me because I wear glasses and get a reflection from the flashlight.