7 light CCT/CRI Comparison

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought while my collection spanned a wide range of tints, I should photograph them all together for the benefit of those who were wondering just how all these different numbers compare. I've even thrown an incan into the mix just to mess with your heads.

So I gathered 7 lights. All of them were driven by Li-Ion cells, and set to whichever mode gave me the closest similar output. We're here for tint, not lumens.

From left to right:

Quark Mini AA Warm White 7A XP-G (kindly loaned to me by Rod911)
Solarforce L2p with a Kerberos Triple XP-G 3000K 7A3 90-CRI Dropin.
Ultrafire C3 Stainless with a XR-E Q4 5A
Ultrafire/Solarforce junklego with a Lumens Factory EO-9 Incan Dropin
Solarforce L2m with a Kerberos Triple XP-G 4000K 5? Dropin
Custom SS EDC by ma_sha1, 5700K SST-50
iTP A1 EOS SS, XP-G R2 1A

Happy%20Family1.JPG

They're in order of warmest to coolest tints. Yes, that's right, the incan is in the middle!

All of the rest of the photos were taken with the colour balance set to daylight (~5300K, according to my camera)

Proof:
Happy%20Family%202.JPG

EDIT: Taking a closer look at the above photo, the Ultrafire is slightly cooler than the EO-9. Sorry. What's even stranger is that in real life, the Quark Mini AA looks pinker than the triple. In the photo it looks more neutral. Yay for my cheap camera! On a happier note, what I love about the High-CRI Triple is just how close it comes to the EO-9.

I've been told that my kids playset makes for a good comparison subject, so here it is. The pics are in the same order as above, from warmest to coolest. (I apologise for the EO-9 pic, the hotspot was so intense that my camera weeped a little.)

Quark%20Mini%20AA%20Warm.JPG

Kenji%20Triple%20XP-G%20High%20CRI.JPG

XR-E%20Q4%205A.JPG

Lumens%20Factory%20EO-9.JPG

Kenji%20Triple%20XP-G%204000K.JPG

SST-50%20EDC.JPG

A1%20EOS%20SS.JPG

I hope this is useful to a few people, since I've wasted all of your bandwidth getting this far :)

Last edited:

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the pictures! This is very informative for me.

Potato42

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the comparison! I also enjoyed your outdoor beamshots. I picked up two linger specials because of you.

morelightnow

Enlightened
I've been searching for high cri xpg threads all week. I'm very excited about this led. Thank you for comparing to several other leds instead of doing a solo review.