Is the Maglite 3-D a good housing for first flashlight mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamamp

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone!! I've recently been browsing this site and I've come to realize I'm beginning to morph into a "flashoholic". For the past week I have read more about flashlights than I could have thought imaginable! I have quite a few more posts to make but I feel this might be one of the most important.

Earlier today I came across a Maglite 3-D incandescent flashlight at Wal-Mart for $17. Do you all think this would be a good host for my first flashlight modification? If so, a good point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. My other two options are a Maglite 2AA and a Maglite 3-C flashlight (the two "good" lights I currently own).

I'm very interested in learning as much as I can about doing simple modifications to these flashlights but the more complicated upgrades are a bit out of reach due to my current budget and lack of tools. I'm glad to be making my first post here and eagerly await any responses!

Thanks

- Jason

yazovyet

Enlightened
I think the D would be the best. it seems the most common to be modified and theres lots of how tos around here for them. d gives you more battery options (can use D, 3xAA, verious numbered cells) and you have a decent amount of space and a simple switch to work with.

try searching for AA mods and D mods and see which you feel is more the sort of thing you are looking to do

Status
Not open for further replies.