COMPARATIVE REVIEW: 4Sevens Maelstrom X7 vs. Fenix Tk15 / TK21

Rolex John

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys,

I just completed my video comparison review of the new 4Sevens Maelstrom X7 and the Fenix TK15/TK21:

Enjoy, and do let me know your thoughts! if you missed my stand-alone Maelstrom X7 review from a couple of days ago, you can see it by clicking here.

gnef

Enlightened
I don't want to come off as being mean, but a quick critique:

There may not seem to be as much interest as you expected because the video is over 18 minutes long. I didn't get much past 6 minutes, and I was being patient.

Along with that, learn to be concise, discuss the important aspects, and edit your video. This will shorten it, and make it easier for people to watch, and give them a better overview.

Alternately, you can do what other reviewers do for long reviews - they type it out, format it, and post it as a thread, that way you can say all that you want, and people can read what they feel is important to them.

I can appreciate what you are trying to do, and I hope you are able to get more responses in the future.

recDNA

Flashaholic
I'm not interested in the x7 but I AM interested in the tk21 but I prefer written reviews.

scotto

Newly Enlightened
I'm not interested in the x7 but I AM interested in the tk21 but I prefer written reviews.

I am also in a similar boat, really interested in the TK21 (not the 15). I do prefer video's to written review, but I have to agree with gnef, the video is just too long, and not much happens in the first 10 (all managed to last for). Please don't take it the wrong way, I really appreciate what you are trying to do here, but trimmed down, this could be a lot better.

IMSabbel

Enlightened
Same for me. After nothing happened in the first minute, i made random jumps in the video. It took about a minute to explain why you prefer the modes of the 47s (while eh, eh, eh the UI of the eh eh fenix is eh eh ....).

Video is nice for stuff that moves. Most of the video is just the two light sitting on a table next to each other, with you ad-libbing some talk about them.

Just post a high res picture of that. write down what you want to tell and make a video of the lights _doing something_ (a couple of minutes are perfectly fine).

PS: The video would be a lot better and half as long if you wrote down for yourself what you want to say about it and than read it back for the video....

Rolex John

Newly Enlightened
I appreciate your comments - but understand that my videos are about half the length of Nutnfancy, and other video reviewers. :)

gnef

Enlightened
And there are some of us that don't like those videos as well... (I personally can't stand nutnfancy's videos)

I don't want to sound like I am attacking you, and I definitely don't want you to become defensive - I hope to enjoy your videos in the future, and if you take what others have said above into consideration, I am sure you will get there!

Track Terror

Newly Enlightened
I think that's great advice. People want to get to the nuts and bolts right away and don't have the need/patience for a life story.

Slim it down, get right to the point, and show the facts and I think the resonse will be better.

Rolex John

Newly Enlightened
And there are some of us that don't like those videos as well... (I personally can't stand nutnfancy's videos)

I don't want to sound like I am attacking you, and I definitely don't want you to become defensive - I hope to enjoy your videos in the future, and if you take what others have said above into consideration, I am sure you will get there!

No, I understand where you're coming from. Of course, if you don't like videos, it doesn't matter how long they are, really... :p

There's lots of folks out there that want the length/detail. Like I say, many reviewers' vids are longer than mine.