itp lights vs 4sevens

I have been a loyal user of my quark as light. However tonite my engineer brought out a itp c10. And the throw on it kinda put my quark as to shame. I also like the dimmer control on it . I was just wondering about the quality of itp and the watet proofing on them as I use my light in very wet places.

Lightman2

Enlightened
I think the 47's is 200 lumens whereas the ITP C10 is 230 lumens plus the ITP has a mixture reflector of both smooth and orange peel.

Jackasper

Enlightened
My personal opinion: 4Sevens, you can't go wrong with. I have 3 and love them, however, the Quark's I dont really think are known for their throw, rather they tend to be more of a nice, useable mixture with some decent flood. I don't know what particular Quark you have, I can only speak for the AA, AA2 tactical and Mini AA2. The Quark 123 series might be a different story. Then there is the Maelstrom line which throw quite a beam as I am looking into both the G5 and the X7. As for ITP I also have a few of the EOS models. I know that they hold up really well and like 4Sevens, they make about as many different models/battery configurations as a guy could want.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Rumor has it the Itp builds (oem) for 47. So quality, if not design, should be comperable.

Norm

Retired Administrator
So quality, if not design, should be comperable.

Not necessarily so, the lights will be built for a certain price point.
Ford and GM make many models but there not all finished to the same standard, they need to address different price points from budget to luxury.

If in fact the rumour is true.

Norm

Last edited:

HKJ

Flashaholic
If in fact the rumour is true.

It is know that 4Sevens works together with Olight and it is know that Olight sells the ITP A3 in a special titanium version around Xmas.
It also looks like the A3 and the Preon shares the same driver, but with a different program in the micro processor.

I.e .they lights may be made at the same factory, but probably not in the same quality.

I also noticed that the ITP C10 and c7 are no longer made, what models are comparable to those, I like the C7 for AA and 14500 compatibility but is it as bright as the C10?

robostudent5000

Enlightened
I also noticed that the ITP C10 and c7 are no longer made, what models are comparable to those, I like the C7 for AA and 14500 compatibility but is it as bright as the C10?

i have a Tenergy T70 which is a rebranded iTP C7t and i can say that on Eneloops it's not that bright. probably around 80-90 OTF lumens on max. but it throws really well and the infinite beam adjustment is pretty handy. also you can find it at a great price if you Google Tenergy T70.

i have not tried it with 14500s but according to Selfbuilt's review, the C7 on a 14500 puts out about 130 OTF lumens on max.

maybe you know this already, but one thing to consider is that lights with infinitely variable brightness usually aren't as efficient as lights that have set brightness levels. the infinitely variable lights are usually a little bit dimmer and runtimes at lower levels are way shorter, and that's definitely been true with my light. on the lower levels, it definitely doesn't run as long as some of the Fenix lights that i've tried.

Last edited: